Horse Wormer

Guest joshdonlan

Guest joshdonlan

I was talking to a guy the other week and he reccomended a horse wormer to use on the birds, instead of the over the counter pigeon wormers.

I think it was Eqvalan horse wormer paste he said, but not too sure? Does anyone use it, and if so what is the dosage?

Personally, would rather use prescribed ivermectin products pre-prepared at correct strength for pigeons. One treatment, for one day in the drinker. Job done.

Guest joshdonlan

is that propper pigeon stuff pete, or Ivo use form cattle etc? Hopefully my birds shouldnt have worms yet, but I have noticed a few damn lice and being using the spray, but doesnt last long.

Cheers

I was talking to a guy the other week and he reccomended a horse wormer to use on the birds, instead of the over the counter pigeon wormers.

I think it was Eqvalan horse wormer paste he said, but not too sure? Does anyone use it, and if so what is the dosage?

Have used it many years ago,prescribed by a vet.Mixed with water( 1 inch of paste from tube)but difficult to mix,not used since.(1 inch per 2pints)

Guest mick bowler

The ivermectin needs to be Ivomec injectable (trade name) or similiar. Its the best one you can use and you just put 2 or 3 drops sttraight down the throat.

The Eqvalan is dosed as above (one inch paste) but found it too fiddly.

• 4 months later...