MNFC RACES 2006

perk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WONDER HOW MANY ENTRIES THEY WILL LOSE OVER THE SEASON BY JUST HAVING SHORT RACES LIKE THAT,WHY OH WHY WONT THESE ORGANISATIONS SEE SENCE AND GO NORTH AND STILL ENLOY LONG DISTANCE RACING.JUST AS WELL I DECIDED TO RESIGN FROM THE MNFC THIS YEAR.

WONDER HOW MANY ENTRIES THEY WILL LOSE OVER THE SEASON BY JUST HAVING SHORT RACES LIKE THAT,WHY OH WHY WONT THESE ORGANISATIONS SEE SENCE AND GO NORTH AND STILL ENLOY LONG DISTANCE RACING.JUST AS WELL I DECIDED TO RESIGN FROM THE MNFC THIS YEAR.

i think the reason is fear,sprint men laughing all the way to the prize list

I USED TO THINK THE SAME THING HYACINTH BUT MOST FANCIERS WILL BUY THEIR NFC RINGS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON AT A NORMAL PRICE AND RING THE YOUNGSTERS THEY THINK THEY WILL HAVE LEFT WHEN THE RACE COMES AROUND SO I SUPPOSE YOU ARE TAKING A CHANCE,(PERSONALLY I RING ALL MY YOUNGSTERS WITH NFC RINGS)BUT THE FANCIERS WHO DONT WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE JUST NOMINATE ANY RING ON THE DAY OF BASKETING,THIS IS WHY THEY HAVE TO PAY THE EXTRA £5,

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY OR NOT THATS HOW IT WORKS.

BASICALLY YES GEZ IF THEY DO NOT HAVE NFC RINGS ON AND YOU WANT TO SEND TO THE YOUNG BIRD NATIONAL YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY A EXTRA £5 FOR EACH ONE YOU ENTER.SEE YOUR POINT ROSE BUT AS I SAID THATS THE WAY IT IS,AS THESE PEOPLE ARE ALLWAYS TELLING US IF YOU DONT LIKE SOMETHING PUT A PROPOSITION IN AT THE AGM TO HAVE IT CHANGED,PROBABLEY WONT GET ANY WHERE THOUGH LOL.

COME OFF IT MIKE HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLEY SAY THAT GOING NORTH IS OUTRAGIOUS AND UTTER LUNACY,AFRAID OFF SENDING YA SPRINTERS TO PROPER RACEPOINTS LIKE ELGIN,THURSO OR LERWICK.BY THE LOOK OF IT I SUPPOSE WE HAVE NO CHANCE OF THE MCC GOING NORTH EITHER.

It is a known fact that Clubs and organisations make some of their running expenses from Ring Sales, but the 5 quid surcharge it certainly not a good recruitment advertisment.

Mike with due respect, I don't think your race programme has enough race time in for young birds, that will hopefully be sent over the Brook next year as yearlings. 127 miles is a joke.  I complain that our race programme is too harsh on the young birds with 2 326 mile races and 2 250., but there is a happy medium somewhere, if we are going to keep our young birds and race them as yearlings

Totally agree with you Mike - if the MNFC went North I reckon they would lose a great deal of their birdage and finish up having a really bad year due to financial losses.

I turned mine south for the first time last year and I for one wouldnt be looking to put them back on the north at any cost. I'd rather miss a years racing - The birds wouldnt know what was happening. In my experience North roaders dont go South and South roaders dont go North.

Sorry i'm joining forces with Mike on this one, with the NFC and CSCFC supposed to be going North this year i will not be sending, not because of the distance i will take anyone on in a 400/500 mile inland race i just have no interest in switching birds from south to north, complete MADNESS!!!! Luckily the fed is staying south for the year.

Gez,The BBC looks like they will be going North and you don't need special rings to race YB's. As to those fanciers who are thinking of wrapping their birds in cotton wool, a year is a long time in a pigeon's racing career and this Avian Flu will not go away overnight. Have faith in your birds ability, I, and many of my fellow club members have regularly turned birds to either route. Here on the coast we fly West, then South. East then South. Young Birds have been raced from the East and the next week we have raced them from Guernsey in the South West, nobody frets, pigeons have got brains it's just a lot of Fanciers don't know it.  Line of Flight? try racing across the Channel to Portsmouth every week.