Reporting Lost birds right/wrong

Keepsmilingqueen

;D So far this season iv lost 10 young birds training and 5 maybe 6 late bred yearlings during the old bird races all of which had my Tel number rings on. and ive not had a feather reported, i take the time to ring these birds and the fact is if they go astray i would like em back or at least id like to know were they ended up !

i even got a hen back last week and she went missing on the 1st old bird race of the year and someone had removed the race rubber and my telephone ring and replaced it with a yellow clippy ring (if they wanted the bird that much they just had to phone and i would have willingy transfered it !!) >:( it seems plain to me they kept her in to breed from which to me seems silly as they have no idea of her pedigree and if she can get lost what does it say about her offsprings racing potential

Now so far iv had roughly 7 strays come into my loft and if they hang about more than a day or two i report them (i seem to be getting lots of su 06's)

what i want to know is as a fancier would you prefer your birds reported or just left the there fate, (i am only a novice fancier and im wondering if i am doing the wrong thing here!)

i am not reporting them to the rpra direct unless i have no choice i am phoning club secs and i always leave it up to the fancier as to there arrangements for the bird, if they dont wanna pay amtrak and would prefer me to toss it and let it find its own way home fair enough or if they wanna transfer it over thats fine.

Guest TAMMY_1

it is good you are reporting the strays, any decent flier would be wanting the birds back ,all the time I have kept birds I have never asked someone to keep it and I send for every bird that is mine as regards to the SHU 06 birds if you get anymore in give me the ring numbers and I will contact the clubs they belong to.

rule 17 ,shu,  a member having a stray pigeon in his loft must give it its liberty, and if it does not leave within 7 days or i unfit do do so, he shall report it to the appropriate union secy. with full ring nos, who will notify the owner and finder of their respective names. the utmost care must be taken that these particulars are correct and that communication bears the finder,s name and address.

wonder how many fanciers are breaking the rules?

Guest TAMMY_1
rule 17 ,shu,  a member having a stray pigeon in his loft must give it its liberty, and if it does not leave within 7 days or i unfit do do so, he shall report it to the appropriate union secy. with full ring nos, who will notify the owner and finder of their respective names. the utmost care must be taken that these particulars are correct and that communication bears the finder,s name and address.

wonder how many fanciers are breaking the rules?

YOU FOR A START!!!!!! I SAW YOU HAD A BLONDE BIRD IN AND YOU NEVER LET HER HAVE HER LIBERTY

Hi i lost 40+ ybs this year and not a feather reported!!!!! :X :'( was nt to bothered at getting them back but would have liked to know where they went, and at least have a chance of getting them back!! i have reported 7 birds this year that were stamped/address ring and 5 out of the 7 wanted them back 1 is still here and tossed the other 1 out! now for the down side!! i have had 10/12 others in that were not stamped etc, and to be honest! I CANT BE BOTHERED TO REPORT THEM!!! if people cant be bothered to stamp them i wont report them! and 2 or 3 of them had been over the water aswell.R.p.r.a  RULES clearly state they should be stamped!  :-/ :-/

it not as easy just to send for birds now, say i get 4 birds reported in the 1 week it would take what i have to keep me to send for them, i beleive if you report a bird you do it in the understanding that if the fancier does not want it  you are prepaired to either keep it or dispose of it.

thanx for your thoughts especially jimmy for the 7 day rule thingy, i didnt know about that one, but its roughly what i do anyway, i give them every chance to get home on there own steam before i report, i know some fanciers hate to have birds reported due to amtrak prices ect ect, but at the same time id personally like to know were my lost birds end up  ;) and i totally understand if they dont wanna pay to get it back, im happy to go along with whatever they suggest.

i must just have pigeon hotel in neon letters above my loft as once they come in the dont seem to wanna leave and as i dont do the killing thing (my basket does my sorting for me) and i wont keep something i cant race, i feel i must report them if they hang around munching my corn for too long !!

SERIOUSLY ABOUT STRAYS, VERY FEW ARE REPORTED NOWADAYS, DONT KNOW WHY ITS ONLY A PHONE CALL OR A STAMP,,, BUT AS FOR YBS THEIR BETTER LOCKED IN NEST BOX OR IF YOU HAVE HOSPITAL BOX , FED AND WATERRED AND GOT BACK TO THE OWNER ASAP,,AS ONCE THEVE BEEN OUT AND IN A COUPLE OF TIMES THEIR ALLWAYS LIABLE TO DROP BACK AT THAT LOFT