2 NEW MEMBERS (RSPB)?

Guest bristolkev

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what do you RSPB lads think about the declining song bird population? Used to be tons in my garden all sorts chaffinches, goldfinches the lot just one or two blackbirds. Think its got anything to do with the increase in raptor numbers?

We've got quite a few sparrowhawks kicking around locally. Have you lot carried out any conclusive studies into the increase in birds of prey being anything to dow ith the decline in sparrows and songbirds.

Just curious because as a bird lover I've kept all sorts over the years and enjoy watching wild birds I think the RSPB is too birds of prey orientated now and wants to remember its supposed to conserve all birds including pigeons, songbirds etc.

Whats you point of view on that?

got to be a total wind up!! do you think it could be 1 of ex pigeonbasics leavers?? dont like the avatar pic atall :'(

where you from sparrowhawk and perigrine? whats your purpose on here? you want to chat about something then please feel free ;)

try keep your paranoia under control mate  :P   ;D

try keep your paranoia under control mate  :P   ;D

its not paranoia when......................

YOU KNOW THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WANT THE TRUTH YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

I shouldn't drink 10 cups of coffee in an afternoon its hard being a built environment professional

Sparrowhawks increased strongly in the UK as the population recovered from the crash caused by organochlorine pesticides in the 1950s and 1960s (Newton 1986). The species became common enough on CBC plots for annual monitoring in the early 1970s, and many former haunts especially in the Midlands and east of England were reoccupied between the two atlas periods (Gibbons et al. 1993). Improving breeding performance is likely to have contributed to this remarkable period of success: failure rates at the egg stage (c.44 days from laying the first egg) fell markedly from high initial values, and brood sizes increased throughout. The population seems to have stabilised since the mid 1990s, however, and BBS trends since 1994 indicate shallow decline in the UK and in England separately. Increases in brood sizes have ceased. (BTO Website).

I expect we share similar views on cats?

got to be a total wind up!! do you think it could be 1 of ex pigeonbasics leavers?? dont like the avatar pic atall :'(

where you from sparrowhawk and perigrine? whats your purpose on here? you want to chat about something then please feel free ;)

there circling waiting to swoop down on there prey!reminds me of the valiant pigeon film.You never know they might be new moderators keeping us pigeons at bay!

there circling waiting to swoop down on there prey!reminds me of the valiant pigeon film.You never know they might be new moderators keeping us pigeons at bay!

THE NEW MODS    ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D