electronic timing...fair or an advantage?

With the obvious advent of ETS, I sincerely hope that there will be no loopholes left open by the new clock rules, which will have to be implemented by the RPRA.  

The previous major changeover. from toulet to modern printers, left a lot to be desired, to put it mildly.    Members who owned brand new printers, were still allowed to use the old Toulet clocks at the time.  To me, this was out of order, because a printer was exact and a toulet inexact. Due to this, I bid goodbye to the

political side of pigeon racing, when becoming a victim of gross misjudgement at the time, which altered my outlook entirely about pigeon racing.  >:( Vic.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your club has average prizes then it is part of the game to put as many birds in front of the other members as you can to stop them getting the points. If club members don't like guys clocking lots of birds then they should do away with the average prizes. ETS has benefits and if every fancier had it then for the fist time the clocking of birds would be equal. There is nothing equal about the clocking of birds as it stands. Will it make the clocking of birds for those who have it faster? Yes. Is it unfair for those that cannot afford to buy ETS? Yes.

Should we stop people training their birds by car, stop people buying in faster birds or buying the very best corn and products because it will gives them an advantage over the ones that cannot afford to.

I don't think so and have never heard anyone say we should so why should we stop people having ETS just because other people cannot afford to? If every member of every club was getting the ETS for free I do not think there would be to many against it.

right lads i would hate to win a race unfairly  So as the way things are at the moment we all except and there s bad points and good points  But why should we have to pay another 300 pounds out just to stay competitive because if its 17 seconds  difference  between the two type of clocking HOW fare can a bird fly in 17 seconds  I bet it would be a few hundred yards   and yes i have won races  by half a yard and lost them but that was before ETS but at the end of the day if that s fare i m a china man  compromise that's the answer

yours  in sport      BOB

Have also - again have to agree that the quote below is about as fact as it gets

If your club has average prizes then it is part of the game to put as many birds in front of the other members as you can to stop them getting the points. If club members don't like guys clocking lots of birds then they should do away with the average prizes. ETS has benefits and if every fancier had it then for the fist time the clocking of birds would be equal. There is nothing equal about the clocking of birds as it stands. Will it make the clocking of birds for those who have it faster? Yes. Is it unfair for those that cannot afford to buy ETS? Yes.

Should we stop people training their birds by car, stop people buying in faster birds or buying the very best corn and products because it will gives them an advantage over the ones that cannot afford to.

I don't think so and have never heard anyone say we should so why should we stop people having ETS just because other people cannot afford to? If every member of every club was getting the ETS for free I do not think there would be to many against it.

Perhaps the two main reasons hat get up the majority nose are A. The fibbing as to why they are Pro ET and B. Costs in as much yet again those that can afford will benefit yet again and steal a march.

Solar Clocking on ET could have come at a fraction of cost ... obviously no money there so, and rightfully, those putting an investment in aren't interested in the small returns.

Further now that Micro chipping is nigh available, where your bird will be tracked by you or anyone wit the pass key. So won't it soon be time for the Arguments that 'Should Club / Fed / National or individual clock in.

Which will be here as soon as the ET has been squeezed dry money wise I suppose.

Like the Video, Was Philips, then 2000, Then Beta, then VHS and the actual reality was the best went first. Now VCD and DVD do the same for less. BUT that is with a colossal market. Sports, hobbies are limited.

So for now, those that want them for training purposes get them! Be an investment as just a bit further down the line it will be able to be used race wise.

But I wonder if we will have three or more different names allowed, or the back – hander’s mean just 2 ... or even one. Now in this regard I believe that the more competition the better price wise.... But you know what, I doubt very much that that will happen.

Now must have words with a solictor as to the actual law in regards that 'Disability law .... Crap I think, but am not perturbs so won't bother.

They just knew it wouldn't be voted in, so went in the back door.

And lets one have half a season then y/b's to let the Dust settle, yes possibly the best way to get it in. Suppose Clubs will have to vote individually about any handicaps etc. But there won't be any leeway I'd wager, indeed a hot protest about their' right if put up for the next AGM.

Any decent and honest flyer with ET would say Agree, knock me 15 seconds off.... If I was o get a pint for every one that will be agreeable to that, I'd wager I won't get nissed as a pewt on them lol.

AFTER ALL THIS I THINK I WILL START RUNNING BACK TO THE POST OFFICE TO TIME IN BECAUSE READING A LOT OF POSTS ON HERE WE SHOULD STILL BE DOING THAT AS PROGRES FROM RUNNING TO POST OFFICE TO FIRST TIMING CLOCK TO ETS IS ALL IT IS PROGRES WE MUST GO WITH THE TIMES AND I DO NOT HAVE E.T.S. BUT DONT FEEL LIKE RUNNING EITHER.LOL

ETS was voted in at an emergency meeting of the RPRA council on Friday night. to be used from 1st. July 2007.  hopefully England will go the same way as the USA. there membership has gone up every year, yes that is right it has gone UP. the reason for this is it is attracting the young family man, we were in Atlanta in November at the Dixie Southern pigeon convention where we were surprised at the number of young fanciers who were coming into the sport. ETS has been in use in the USA for about 20 years. and there membership is increasing year on year.

i dont understand y ets would increase membership , if ur interested in pigeons u would join immaterial wot system u was using to clock the birds!.  , ets will only bring in some new flyers who work and cant be at the loft.ect

the idea of it increasing members because of the system and not because they like pigeons is a little off.. the reality of it., no offence.  i can see ets causing arguements in clubs and SOME  leaving the sport through it.....not coming into it because of it. myself i couldnt care less wot system others are using as long as everything is fair and legal...paul :) :) :)

LoL this will not go down well in my club because the computer we have is out of the Arc it is windows 95 and no USB. The first one in our club to get the ETS will have to make sure it runs on windows 95 because i'm sure that any connections now will be USB. Factor this into cost and then if it is £300, the first member to get it will have to supply a computer with XP or such. Somehow i can't see the members that will not pay out for ETS chipping in for a new computer and probably another race working out system. As secretary i could bring the details home and do a result but this defeats the point of the club having a computer AT the club.

Of course i am taking for granted that this ETS uses a computer connection. has anyone got any web links to see about system requirements as I think it has been very poorly advertised, I have seen pictures of it with a bird standing on the mat thing but nothing in detail. English detail anyway. if anyone could scan documents and send them to me i would be greatful. or post them in here would be better because i'm sure a few people need to know.