electronic timing...fair or an advantage?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETS is comming  i also think the rpra should be talking to the federations on the continant who have had it for years find out how they operate it what rules and regs are in place, pitfalls and so on so we dont make the same mistakes still say there is nothing stopping feds and local clubs agrreeing to put pads on the outside local every one on equal footing but unfair advantage in open race where the stakes are alot higher

Friendsloft

totally wrong to try and force it on anybody

got to agree with this one and i think that this is whats going to happen as soon as majority get it they will force it onto others ,i dont care which way anyone times in i am happy with my method and to me thats what racing pigeons is all about getting the thrill and buzz of catching your bird to time in .

Guest TAMMY_1
Tammy you do look good in that kit ????

even better out of it , but will have it on again for the game the night, think sapper  and alf will be wearing the same wan as well  ;D

Don't think the 'outside' pad is a goer. Unikon Pad comes with a tunnel thro which the bird must pass to time itself in. Tunnel guides the bird over the pad as the pad has very limited range ... bird must pass within a few centimetres of it .. rather than a few yards ... to register a time-in. You can have one pad for each loft, or seperate pads for each trap.. all wired to one clock.

Well pointed out Bruno

Lot of fanciers against ETS simply dont understand all the facts. I use to be against ETS and convinced it would kill the sport, but having done my 'homework' on ETS and listened to fanciers in different countries, I am now convinced ETS will enchance the sport.

I work Saturdays, so having someone else to clock in for me is definitely a disadvantage!

At the end of the day, you still have to have a bird out in front and get it IN! No matter how you time in

A young fanciers view, ETS is coming........sooner the better

There is nothing fair about the timing of birds as it stands. Two men in a partnership will clock 3 birds that come together faster than one man. The sport is about the fastest bird from A to B If a bird takes of at A and is timed when it lands at B then whether it is in loft or not makes no difference as it has reached B. In all races there is a finish line and the one who gets to the line first wins. They don't have to cross it then wait on their trainer to take a rubber arm band. How many life long members are forced to leave the sport every year because he or she is no longer able to catch the birds and take rubber of them? I here people say it is unfair because the people that can afford it will have an advantage. I never hear them say the people that can afford a car or pay to train their birds have an advantage. ETS  will not make your birds fly faster but it will time them faster is that a bad thing? No because it is showing the time it took the bird to fly from A to B not how fast the owner caught it removed the rubber and clocked it. For me the fun is making a bird fly the fastest from A to B. The name of the game is pigeon racing not rubber clocking. I was talking to a man last night on phone he was saying he could not afford ETS and I ask him how he could afford to keep 200+ birds

I am still waiting on his answer.

Here is a question if i put the pads under my sputnik and the bird has to drop into the trap its inside the loft but the pads are outside if i put the pads inside the sputnik which is inside the loft then i can time the bird on the outside of the loft before it enters  and the so cauled rules or as some may say  (recommendation,s) state the pads must be inside the loft so is the under side of the landing board of a sputnik inside or outside?????????

Anyone with the slightest bit of common sense can see that a pad fitted below a sputnik which is fixed to the loft must be termed part of the loft. The bird has to drop into the sputnik before it is timed therefore it is in the loft. The ignorance of some people is breathtaking. I cant believe folk think you can run around he garden with a sensor on a pole to time a bird flying around the loft. Why is it legal to time birds from a stall trap before they enter the loft???

HELLO IF YOUR BIRDS ARE NOT WINNING WITH A CONVENTIONAL CLOCK....THE ETS SYSTEM IS NOT !! HELLO NOT GONNA MAKE THEM FLY FASTER IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT I DO AGREE IT SHOULD BE INSIDE THE LOFT BECAUSE IT MAKES A JOKE OF RACING IF THEY ONLY NEED TO LAND ON THE BOARD AND THEY ARE CLOCKED MANY A RACE IS WON AND LOST ON TRAPPING AND THATS PART OF RACING GETTING THEM IN SURLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right why carnt the people using  ET give the 15 seconds handicap because I'm sure they don't want to gain an advantage  over the other flyer's    

yours in sport           BOB

SO WHERE IS THE HANDICAP ALLOWANCE BETWEEN PEOPLE WITH LANDING BOARD AND TRAP WHEN THE PIGEON HAS TO DROP IN THEN BE CAUGHT AND THE RUBBER TOOK OFF THEN TIMED AND THE GUY WITH THE T3 STRPPED TO HIS BODY AND USING A STALL TRAP???? :-/ :-/ ;) ;)

Just been talking to my club mate Norman Orr and he just found out his loft had been broken in to earlier today and some of his birds were killed and he found them thrown in to a pond beside his loft and the heads had been pulled off them and there were piles of feathers everywhere flier in the SNFC for years
So sorry to hear yet another terrile deed.

Why is irrelevant inasmuch that it hapens.

The point I am raising is how will ET's e protected around the clock in these alloments etc. Sure they can run on Batteries ... But if smashed or such, is that really any help.

Ok one may say that if they are inclines to do damage they will any way to the loft or birds. This is granted, BUT a simple ET would I feel bring more idiots to the fore as it would be easier and so much quicker. Sad world we live in....

right why cant the people using  ET give the 15 seconds handicap because I'm sure they don't want to gain an advantage over the other flyer's    

yours in sport           BOB

Because they also want their cake and eat it Bob I'm afraid.

They could have had ET's up and running 7 years ago if they had agreed to the results / findings that the RPRA PAID the Spanish independent company for a fair assessment and good / bad points.

Paul Smith and Co with his vested in Nikon etc. couldn't get the pro ET's brigade to even consider it! Same as now, they won't say why they won't accept it... other to spill garbage that 'IF I can then so can others'! They know this is so, and neither care. They also know that ET will be here - Company's will make money so it will be here. REGARDLESS to the cost of members leaving - this may be for several reasons, not least They can't afford, they are on sticky ground on allotments and such, AND THEY feel the more Affluent have enough advantage now, let alone then! Won't be any manual clockers' losing by the fraction of a yard ... ET’s WILL obviously wipe the board with them. Another and more prevalent reason why they won't entertain a 17 sec handicap, it throws in the very face one of the things they hope to achieve.

And as for the Rules... well it is obvious that the RPRA will indeed set them out, and have a stack of info available from the USA / Canada, etc. etc. where they are widely used for instance. Even Belgium, though they Have to be there to manually clock in withing  5 minutes, but LIKE US here already, can use them for training purposes. Yes that must be a good reason why one would want to purchase a ET. But as they can already it is hardly a ponter why it should be legal to use one in racing terms. Golly just how did they ever manage to fly birds years a go amazes me.

I really am neither for or against these ETS's but just a few seasons ago i bought a T3 clock because i thought it would be faster clocking and indeed it is but not so you would notice now we seem to be moving on again and this should really save me time in clocking in so who knows if it takes off (no pun intended) a few years down the line when i can justify the outlay i may get one myself. I love catching the birds when they come home but how many times can you grab your first bird home, if it is comfortably the best, without it getting a bit trap shy. ETS no probs. Yes i know .......  :'( the money, the trouble in the club but hey, its pigeons whats new. lol

I just hope that the mob clockers don't get carried away because the other members who do not win so much (me included) will just put the clocks in the cupboard and not get their times read out if Fred Bloggs says oh just give me the first twelve please, i was out and i'm not sure how they come. It makes me laugh when people get 6 read out, i would not even consider clocking in 6 birds I don't know who these people think they are flying against because when they are down one week they moan about the bad racing conditions but nothing is said on their good days ::)

My apologies to any Fred Bloggs's flying