BLOODY WEATHER!

Guest Vic

I still can't get a toss in! This morning, the visibility was about 20 yds, it is clearing but still not clear enough. I heard that some had bad tosses yesterday. I'll leave it again today, better safe than sorry.  ;) Vic.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are but a small island but so diverse.........lovely down in Devon today but visibility not the greatest even though the sun is out. My racers haven't been out since September!! My Yb have though and Percy has already had 4, with one back injured taking evasive action!

Frank, only when the weather is warmish. Still too cold today but clear. It looks like

Saturday morning now, according to the forecasts, so it will have to be early too, beore the big  Liverpool  Arsenal match. ;) Vic.

Guest jason

throwing it down here today, got wet through taking kids to school this morning.

hows it go?.....rain rain go away, come again in october (at end of season)lol ;D ;) ;D

Jason

Guest TAMMY_1

Frank when do good fanciers toss there pigeons then ?  our first race is the 7th april so we have no choice to toss them in march..

We have the same problem Carl , we dont start as early as you do but the weather up here is not that great at the best of times so we have to take some chances as well with weather because if we were waiting for a good day we would be waiting till the middle of the season before we got a toss in

You say you start on the 7th April, do you have to? You will do more harm to your pigeons than enough. Ornithose (thick head) will for certain follow and for most of the pigeons the season will be finished before it starts. I would sooner send my birds to 200 miles with a few 30 mile tosses, than toss them in March (N.E. winds) (cold temp) to fly a 60 mile race.

You say you start on the 7th April, do you have to? You will do more harm to your pigeons than enough. Ornithose (thick head) will for certain follow and for most of the pigeons the season will be finished before it starts. I would sooner send my birds to 200 miles with a few 30 mile tosses, than toss them in March (N.E. winds) (cold temp) to fly a 60 mile race.

Wise words Frank

We'll start ours in a few weeeks

i would agree with this one hundred per cent , i think there are some would be great pigeons ruined by this early torture [as i have found out myself in the distant past]