How did u do today?

Guest Pigeon_Man87

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd, 3rd, 4th club + noms 3rd week on the trot - they love it!!!

21 members sent 353 birds. Being most easterly flyer yesterday well chuffed didn't think I would be in with any chance at all.

Sod widowhood cocks its hens all the way for me.

Currently 45th in the BICC at the mo aswell so good day all round really.

Well done to all the winners! All home in both.

1st 2nd 3rd Club - sent 10.  240 birds competing.    Get Fed result Fri-Sat.

Great result mike for only sending 10 birds..well done

I sent 53 and got 52 in good time,just a few mins behind the winners,1 late waiting for me this morning,53 of 53 great return but no points

celtic you always sound confused ;D ;D ;D how many clubs fly in your fed

dont know how many clubs, but in their feds yearling race from newark andy [forum member]   coped nearly £6000  he was , second and third , the winner got nearly £2000 , i think there was £9000 in the race ,, they also run the xmas race  , about £8000 in it , also many nat winners in it ,,  w, kinnear and son of auld reekie fame [and many others too ,, so it really is a tough fed ,,,,,big money fed ;D ;D ;D,,, i note already there are folks downing celtics  past two results ,, hes a novice, never won a race b4 ,, won the last two weeks , really some going,,,,,its terrible to think [which is true] ,,,be last every week and your everyones freind ,, but win every week ,, then youll find your true freinds :)

Guest TAMMY_1
14 out of 14

7th club........very pleased with my birds 2nd race as I was only beat by the mob flyers who are trigger happy on the clock!!!

one sent over 70!

one sent over 50!

Quality.......not quantity is my aim

some clubs would not survive jakjak unless it had as you say mob fliers sending 70 birds, if every club had members that only raced a few birds they would have trouble surviving, different story though we as you say some are trigger happy and time in endless birds because all this will do is drive a wedge among members and also gives the secretaries ,who work hard enough lot more needless work, if you use ets you should not abuse its ability to time in as many birds as you send, you can time Ina few birds then take your clock out and get it struck off and then put your clock back in and then get a reading of all your birds home [ i did question Alf on this and it was him that told me this is how to do it , last week the secretary had to check 124 birds for pool winners and instead of members helping her they timed in even more this week, they could be looking for a new secretary soon , timing in more birds than you need is pointless especially if they are not pooled birds, maybe some folk just do it to boost their ego , dunno.we are only a small club but even we try to keep the secretaries work down [ that's because its me ] and they have been told unnecessary timing will be frowned upon

well jakjak you need a new proposition at the next agm maybe clock 4birds only that may suit all members better or only take birds that figure in the top 10 ....theres always a way if its approached in the correct manner rather than loose members over needless clockings...........

Guest TAMMY_1
we had 3 flyers leave our club last year because of the mob flyers,

we needs them members back

i aint bothered how many they send, so long as they let other members win a prize

there was a point raised a while back jakjak about members clocking in a lot of birds and as to whether as you have it in your own words   "let members win a prize" who would really be happy knowing somebody has let them win, think it was bruno who said he would not be happy if somebody let him win, knowing full well more birds wre timed in before him or not timed in as the case so that he would get a prize, me personally i would not care how many birds somebody times in because you just have to try harder to beat them, if you have one good bird and they send a hundred average birds , the one good bird should win

Guest TAMMY_1
Seems to be a lot of birds missing in Angus & Dundee. Mind you hardly surprising when Lanarkshire lib 15 minutes after Angus with East in the wind. Lack of thought somewhere along the line

i find it hard to understand why you can complain about lanarkshire liberating 15 minutes after the angus fed when in fact the angus fed did the same said thing by liberating 15 minutes after the dundee fed, what is the difference ?

Dundee lib at 10.15. Angus lib at 10.30. Lanarkshire lib at 10.45. Many yearlings missing in Angus.

is this you trying to start a bit of scare mongering c if you concentrate on wit ya own fed does maybe you will git on a lot better without trying to stir up untuths about other feds  :P :P :P :P

i find it hard to understand why you can complain about lanarkshire liberating 15 minutes after the angus fed when in fact the angus fed did the same said thing by liberating 15 minutes after the dundee fed, what is the difference ?

Where did I complain about Lanarkshire? I was stating a fact.  Dundee & Angus are next to each other, Lanarkshire is in a different direction and have a huge convoy. Did the Angus controller know you were going up at 10.45?

is this you trying to start a bit of scare mongering c if you concentrate on wit ya own fed does maybe you will git on a lot better without trying to stir up untuths about other feds  :P :P :P :P

I`m not scaremongering. I`m stating a fact. Please tell me which part of my post is untrue.

14 out of 14

7th club........very pleased with my birds 2nd race as I was only beat by the mob flyers who are trigger happy on the clock!!!

one sent over 70!

one sent over 50!

Quality.......not quantity is my aim

Good lad that is exactly the spirit needed in the doo game!

Dundee lib at 10.15. Angus lib at 10.30. Lanarkshire lib at 10.45. Many yearlings missing in Angus.

THE FACTS ARE YEARLINGS DONT LIKE EAST WINDS NEVER HAVE DONE AND NEVER WILL DO THATS WHY WHEN THERE IS A STRONG EAST WIND FORECAST PEOPLE WITH A BIT OF SENSE TEND TO HOLD THEIR YEARLINGS TILL THE NEXT RACE!

THE FACTS ARE YEARLINGS DONT LIKE EAST WINDS NEVER HAVE DONE AND NEVER WILL DO THATS WHY WHEN THERE IS A STRONG EAST WIND FORECAST PEOPLE WITH A BIT OF SENSE TEND TO HOLD THEIR YEARLINGS TILL THE NEXT RACE!

Ref post 16....Tammy you got no sense (Alf said it no me) lol

Funny thats what i was thinking or does Jade know something we dont as most of my club members have 100% returns

well done to your club members and the lanarkshire lads Alf because from what i've heard most of the other feds at otterburn have a few of their birds missing, saying that the big convoy might have helped but who knows. Lets hope the east wind drops down a bit and a few more of the missing birds find their way home.

Guest TAMMY_1

I`m not scaremongering. I`m stating a fact. Please tell me which part of my post is untrue.

THE FACT YOU SUFFERED BAD LOSSES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LANARKSHIRES BIRDS , THEY WERE FLYING IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS AND THE FACT THAT LANARKSHIRES BIRDS WERE DOING A MILE A MINUTE MEANS THEY WERE BANG ON COURSE AND THE FACT WE HAD EXCELLENT RETURNS ALSO MEANS OUR BIRDS WERE ON THE RIGHT TRACK, THE EAST WIND WOULD BE THE PROBABLE CAUSE OF YOUR LOSSES, ESPECIALLY THE YEARLINGS

Where did I complain about Lanarkshire? I was stating a fact.  Dundee & Angus are next to each other, Lanarkshire is in a different direction and have a huge convoy. Did the Angus controller know you were going up at 10.45?

Did the angus controller contact lanarkshire to c what time theywere going at no and thats a FACT