returns and positions today

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale

kelso aint any better got pumped today

Ive said before Kelsos nae good we wouldnae even toss from there yet you guys race year in year out, it sits in a hole and the youngsters dont seem to get out. We used to have the same problem at Tow Law until we moved the transporter up the fell road and got a bit of height. You guys should be starting from Stobs Camp although its short its okay to get the youngsters started.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive said before Kelsos nae good we wouldnae even toss from there yet you guys race year in year out, it sits in a hole and the youngsters dont seem to get out. We used to have the same problem at Tow Law until we moved the transporter up the fell road and got a bit of height. You guys should be starting from Stobs Camp although its short its okay to get the youngsters started.

time will tell were at kelso next week mabee a new racepoint on the cards

hi andy

cant seem to remember any bad races from kelso into lanarkshire normally the birds are very high when coming from this race point even with the wind in there face yesterday the were still up a good bit

tow-law where did pentland liberate i remember working in tow law thought they liberated from the big car park that over looked the valley heading north

is this not the lib point?

Guest TAMMY_1

would like to know what the lanark convoyer had to say on renfrew 7am lib

TOO COLD AT THAT TIME FOR YOUNG BIRDS FIRST RACE, MY OPINION ONLY

spot on about kelso andy we moved to coldstream for that reason

this is dead right ,,,if your standing on the top of the carter bar youll see just how low kelso it is .

the race point from towlaw was very high [you still got snow there in july  ;D ;D ;D] mind you this year, you could expect any weather anywhere , most changable weather ive seen in a while  :)

Guest TAMMY_1
"too cold at that time" what was the temperature? tammy at that time.

dunno wisnae there  ;), i just feel that when u r starting to race young birds and there is no need to rush to get them up  early , then why not wait till there is some heat in the air and the sun is out, its only a short distance so u have practically all day plus the fact it was very windy early on at kelso, we waited with ours till ten, a bit warmer, a bit sunnier and lanarkshire had a very good race returns wise from kelso, and as far as i know we were the only federation racing from there that had good returns

Guest Paulo

this is dead right ,,,if your standing on the top of the carter bar youll see just how low kelso it is .

the race point from towlaw was very high [you still got snow there in july  ;D ;D ;D] mind you this year, you could expect any weather anywhere , most changable weather ive seen in a while  :)

Its a harsh place Tow Law the men are men and the sheep are scared. One of the bleakest places in co durham.

I got 20 birds back out of 21 sent so can't complain about returns

dunno wisnae there  ;), i just feel that when u r starting to race young birds and there is no need to rush to get them up  early , then why not wait till there is some heat in the air and the sun is out, its only a short distance so u have practically all day plus the fact it was very windy early on at kelso, we waited with ours till ten, a bit warmer, a bit sunnier and lanarkshire had a very good race returns wise from kelso, and as far as i know we were the only federation racing from there that had good returns

Agree with Tammy, every consideration must take place especially in these early y/bird races.

I got another 2 early Sunday morning. Now 13/28, absolute disaster, the worst yb race I have ever had and I have probably the best returns in club.I know what you mean about going down that route Andy, our club have tried to change it every year at the AGM but they wont listen.

glasgow and rtenfrew let go at 7am. i am informed that glasgow had good returns. the cold whatever that means does not seem to have had any effect. as to waiting a little.there was an air show taking place in east lothian later in the morning. there were a number of feds in the area. the smaller feds do not have the safey of a large convoy. i think everyone tried their best and for one assistant race controller to imply that others with a great deal of experience may have been a little bit hasty is somewhat self defeating. i take from your post tammy lanarkshire will have no early libs with their ybs due to the cold.

Guest TAMMY_1

A

Glasgow and renfrew let go at 7am. i am informed that Glasgow had good returns. the cold whatever that means does not seem to have had any effect. as to waiting a little.there was an air show taking place in east lothian later in the morning. there were a number of feds in the area. the smaller feds do not have the safety of a large convoy. i think everyone tried their best and for one assistant race controller to imply that others with a great deal of experience may have been a little bit hasty is somewhat self defeating. i take from your post Tammy lanarkshire will have no early libs with their ybs due to the cold.

I was asked my opinion and I gave it, there was no mention of any air show in previous posts , which would have explained as to why they liberated  early, yes granted there were plenty feds in the area, its only a short race so still plenty time for feds who can do so to hold the birds if they so wish and if they want them up early then that is up to them and nothing to do with any other fed than their own,, and at no time can you show me anything I posted to imply that anybody was not doing their best on Saturday , can you show me where I said anything that remotely resembled that Johno, doubt it .Can you also show me any place i said that anybody was hasty in getting birds up on Saturday ? also you mention about more experienced controllers, granted there are plenty far more experienced people than me who control or assist in controlling pigeons and if you look back at some of the disasters they have produced because of neglect, not through something that occurred because of no fault of their own, just sheer neglect and complacency, so experience is not a guarantee is it? and as for your last remark Johno think you will find that the birds from Lanarkshire will be held as long as is needed and they will not be rushed up for the sake of rushing them up.

spent many a night with big lennon in the kelso golf club when i did the glasgow transporter the racepoint itself is at the top of the hill the problem with kelso is wind and conditions at time of lib if thew birds go south or west and dont gain height they end up going up and down the tweed valley all day hence the report of birds at st boswells at 7.15 going west low into a west wind bet if they go back this week a lot will be dragged back up the road

doos r us if you were in the golf club who was looking after the pigeons. your theories if true would mean no one ever has a good race from kelso. the posts from lanarkshire members would not support this. tammy all i am trying to point out is that controllers from everywhee are trying their best. information avaiable to one controller may not be available to others. the smaller feds are more wary of clashing and drag than a fed with the numbers lanarkshire has.

doos r us if you were in the golf club who was looking after the pigeons. your theories if true would mean no one ever has a good race from kelso. the posts from lanarkshire members would not support this. tammy all i am trying to point out is that controllers from everywhee are trying their best. information avaiable to one controller may not be available to others. the smaller feds are more wary of clashing and drag than a fed with the numbers lanarkshire has.

if anyone ever bothered to fill out convoyers book you would find most bad kelso races occur in the conditions described many times local fanciers would come to c the libs and they could tell u what kind off a race u would get before the strings were cut and its not the 1st time ive told the controller no give it more time

if they were in the golf club sure the drivers would still be there

dont think there could have been clashing as there was no english or welsh birds up in scotland on saturday only the ayr north road liberated from carnwath dont know what time they went but tammy was alerted of this by doos r us

maybe some mist in the hills still at 7.00 who knows

or the hawks had a feast and were full by the time lanarkshire liberated