Squirrel trying to get in the flypen

Squirrel trying to get in the flypen ,what do they want the food or the

pigeons ?

I power washer the flypen every other day and keep it very clean. Only a

tiny amount of feed ever finds it way to the ground. This morning I had

3 squirrel trying to find a way inside.

Not sure how to get rid of them . I can buy a trap and release them far away .

Any adive ?

Thanks Jason

Thanks guys, for the suggestion, I will try feeding them away from the

Pigeons, if I were to trap and release them I only get one or two, they

have a whole family of 4-? of them , they jump from the flypen to a

tree and on to the roof, if they get in side your house they will destroy

the place trying to find a way out.

I will drop a few peanuts and lead them to another area, they love the

peanuts in the shell. That will solve the problem .  

I am from Connecticut,and usually we don't have much other than hawks owls to worry

about, never had a qsuirrel problem till the Pigeons arrived. I will let you know if it

works, I get up at 5:30 AM , thats when the squirrels are looking around , almost every

moring about the same time .

Thanks  Jason

I had a squirrel problem last year(i caught about 16 in 2 weeks ::) ::)) Even locked 1 in the loft overnight and what a mess it made trying to eat it's way out >:(.I would try and trap them coz if they do get in you'll never get rid of them...

I didnt realise they would try to get in the loft, I have one that runs along the top of my fence all the time, and my YBs have been very jumpy this year because of them. A bloke at work has been asked by the local council to try and get rid of them out of his garden as they are classed as vermin.

hi you guys

only made a few postings here so far but could not resist this the only good grey squirrel is one that is prepared for the pot, these things are total vermin

and cause untold damage to our woodlands and anything they can get there teeth into so the policy is seek and destroy them any which you can with {government approval by the way!!} humanely

jamesw

dundee

Guest slugmonkey

The Best way to get rid of them is with some seasoned flour and bacon grease they are great for breakfast with eggs and biscuits I have also had them stewed

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've caught around 12 squirrels in my trap in the past 2 months.  I don't even bait it I just have it along the wall of the loft and they're curious and go right in.  If I trap them I take them about a mile away and let them go.  I can't even count how many I've shot.  There's not a single one left on the property.  They messed up my breeding season pretty bad so I was going to make sure it didn't happen again.  I never had a squirrel take an egg or baby but they would eat all the food and the lofts aren't at my home for me to refill the food 3 times a day.

Guest TAMMY_1

OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT LIVE IN A TOWN OR CITY, OR DO YOU, BUT A LOT OF FOLK OVER HERE FLY BIRDS FROM IN THE TOWNS AND IT IS NOT THAT EASY TO GO OUT YOUR BACK DOOR WITH A GUN AND START SHOOTING EVERYTHING BUT IT IS NOT SO MUCH OF A PROBLEM IN THE COUNTRY WHERE A GUNSHOT IS HEARD OFTEN

No good taking them away they will find a way back lpus if there are plenty about remove one and another will move in catch them and dipose of them they are classed as vermin :)