my questions about ets

Guest karl adams

Guest karl adams

can any one seriously answer my questions on ets?

1.was ets brought in for the use of disabled persons?

2.if i used ets and was not disabled would i be breaking any rules?

3.if i used ets and was not disabled but another member of my club was disabled could he object to my place in a race?

Note that Pompey Mick's replies apply (only?) to the RPRA version of ETS rules.

ETS has been in use in Scotland for a number of years. As an approved timing system in Scotland anyone can use it and you cannot be prevented from using it , but it is common sense that members of clock committee will need training on the procedures for any new timing system, no matter what Union they belong to..

Guest spin cycle

under agm rule changes officials , by taking the job, now demonstrate a willingness to operate ets.of course this is hard to enforce and what constitutes 'competence'. but in theory any official could be disciplined if they are deemed competant but refuse to operate ets equipment. this probably brings us closer to scottish rules.

we brought the e.t.s because the old mon is 80% blind. he had been out of the sport for 3 years.but our opionion is that every body should be able to use it.because their has not been nothing new in our sport for many of years.

BRILLIANT FOR YOUR OLD MAN PADDY I HOPE HE GETS A LOT OF ENJOYMENT OUT OF HIS RACING AGAIN MATE ALL THE BEST.

ALAN

Guest spin cycle
The word "willing" has been removed from the RPRA rule and to my way of thinking, you can only get competant by using the ETS.

good point and that would be a fair (even handed) way of interpeting the rule.  

so when the club officials say that they dont want anything to do with it lets see if all the ets brigade step in ?????

If they refuse to assist in the use, then remove them from thier role of official, at the first opportunity. It,s here to stay, so get over it. If you do not wish to use it, then so be it, however, do not stand in the way of those who decide to use it. ;)

Guest spin cycle
so when the club officials say that they dont want anything to do with it lets see if all the ets brigade step in ?????

they will either have to resign,plead incompetence or risk you reporting them to rpra. they can no longer just say they don't want to.

Guest jamesa

lets see all the hands come up as i have not see a lot of enthusiasm

to do the jobs at club,fed or com agms so maybe ets can do some good but will they have to do it for all so will they have to learn how to set clocks and do accounts and all the day to day running around for the club best fo luck