Blackpool Weekend

Surrey Flyer

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year!!!!  my northern flat cap pigeon fancier partner (now living in Cheshire) said he was taking me to Blackpool for the weekend. I was so excited, i had this vision of doing some shopping, romantic meals in the evening etc. As soon as the cases were dumped in the room he said "come on i've got something to show you" We got to the Winter gardens at about 10am and i think we left about 4pm lol.

I have to admit i was really interested looking at all the different stands, birds and displays etc and i am now the proud owner of 4 of my partners pigeons. I did have 5 but i'm afraid i lost one in my first race  :'(.

I've booked the weekend off for January and i'm looking forward to the show, i've been converted !!!!!

By the way, i did get one romantic meal out of him but the topic of conversation was PIGEONS lol

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

i only live a half hour 40 mins away people struggling to get there if you could pehaps get a train into warrington will gladly take them the rest of he way

I tried that last year but very little response :( :( :(

Only problem there dovescot is a lot of people have been going for a long time and may be going down with friends and going out with them at night maybe thats why not many people were interested in it ;)

I went last year!!!!  my northern flat cap pigeon fancier partner (now living in Cheshire) said he was taking me to Blackpool for the weekend. I was so excited, i had this vision of doing some shopping, romantic meals in the evening etc. As soon as the cases were dumped in the room he said "come on i've got something to show you" We got to the Winter gardens at about 10am and i think we left about 4pm lol.

I have to admit i was really interested looking at all the different stands, birds and displays etc and i am now the proud owner of 4 of my partners pigeons. I did have 5 but i'm afraid i lost one in my first race  :'(.

I've booked the weekend off for January and i'm looking forward to the show, i've been converted !!!!!

By the way, i did get one romantic meal out of him but the topic of conversation was PIGEONS lol

erm !!!! "Mz PIG WID" !!! i also know somebody who had to suffer umpteen hours in primark too !!! lol

Only problem there dovescot is a lot of people have been going for a long time and may be going down with friends and going out with them at night maybe thats why not many people were interested in it ;)

I know but we could all go out with friends to the same place one night I am sure other sites organised something. Were you not at the Pigeonchat night out :-/

It's ok, I thought that I might have had some time to do some shopping, no chance, don't think we saw  daylight at all, by the time we left the winter gardens each day it was already dark!!!!

I know but we could all go out with friends to the same place one night I am sure other sites organised something. Were you not at the Pigeonchat night out :-/

Yes i sure was ( And i've been told i will be going to the pigeon chat night out myself this time as all i done was sat and talked doos all night and the mrs didnae have any of her pals wi us as they were all in the central club again on saturday night ;D ;D ;D ;D  so looks like it's 2 nights in the central club for me :P :P :P :P :P :P ) and i was in the central club on friday meeting all the people i meet every year when i go down to the show ;) Thats why i made sure i spent a few hours around the PB stand on the saturday afternoon

It's ok, I thought that I might have had some time to do some shopping, no chance, don't think we saw  daylight at all, by the time we left the winter gardens each day it was already dark!!!!

Do what we do and go down on the thursday morning and that gives the ladiestime to relax and the guys time to find all the good pubs ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

on the saturday night we always head for a club trades club i think

last year alf's mate gerry came up with the idea on the way home to try funny girls  ??)

i was sharing a room with him but slept with my back against the wall all night :o

He told me he isnae sharing a room with you again as he had to sleep wi wan eye open :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do what we do and go down on the thursday morning and that gives the ladiestime to relax and the guys time to find all the good pubs ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What a good idea , all us ladies could go and spend all the money the men had saved for the auctions wahaaaaaay lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes i sure was ( And i've been told i will be going to the pigeon chat night out myself this time as all i done was sat and talked doos all night and the mrs didnae have any of her pals wi us as they were all in the central club again on saturday night ;D ;D ;D ;D  so looks like it's 2 nights in the central club for me :P :P :P :P :P :P ) and i was in the central club on friday meeting all the people i meet every year when i go down to the show ;) Thats why i made sure i spent a few hours around the PB stand on the saturday afternoon

Imagine going to a pigeon w/e and talking about pigeons, you would be as well staying at home and logging on, how boring life is at times;D ;D ;D ;D ;D