new welsh national meeting today newport

Guest strapper

You know, I believe most sincerely, that Mid Week racing was just a ploy for the 'Haves' to extract more funds from the working /ground floor lads. Nothing more, nothing less, 2 - 3 'Money' making exercises during the week to bolster their' coffers and used the scenario of 'Better than Training birds'.

Well if that is the case, was is it so b;umming dear. You can load your vechile up with a your 50 birds, and a few mates, and take them 50 miles for £15 divided by 4 - 5... hich means in a race 6 birds tops just sending ... so the other 44 stay at home! No, you do both! Send what you can afford, and hike a lift for trainers.

And in reality just where and when and how often does the workingman's loft clean up? Rare, very rare indeed.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi strapper, i'm not saying they ar at fault but if everyone's so unhappy why not all change or invite all other feds to come with them.

it was actually advertised has and open meeting so in a way everyone and anyone was welcome to attend from which ever fed

i also believe there another meeting in 5 weeks time once again open to everyone  to come along and see whats on offer

everything is being done in the open and is subject to memberships approval not individuals

If this venture by the welsh north road takes off,and i personally think that it WILL  then a lot of fanciers are going to join (i wont say national because i dont agree with that).Weekend racing is what everyone wants,not being dictated too and told where and when we have to send to get some racing.will be interesting to see how many people join from federations outside the welsh north road.No Giessen? then Strasburg will be the alternative.

You guys may be interested to know that a new Welsh Championship Club has now been formed, for any fancier located east of 3-22-0.  I understand it does not aim to be affiliated to a Fed., but be an autominous organisation affiliated to the RPRA.  I think that it will really take off, as this is the way forward - a flexible self governing body deciding it's own destinies.  The old club/Fed structures are now out of date, and a new racing structure is required to replace it.  An advert will be in BHW this week I think.  Watch that space.

Guest strapper
hi strapper, i'm not saying they ar at fault but if everyone's so unhappy why not all change or invite all other feds to come with them.

i think the other feds were informed of the wnrf intent of leaving the combine...maybe some others should have made the step...i can see a few national fanciers changing to race this new route..hopefully not causing too much annoyance to the combine.

Guest strapper
read some of the replys on this new nat i see that the commitee is going to be made up from  all sections , that i take it means North wales as well , further more i thought the new north road transport the combine ?? whats happening at combine level ??

hi skitch....few points ...the committee will be made up from area,s included under the radius of 52.....

also the welsh north road fed will be transporting the national ...they were in the combine as part of the combine.

north wales not icluded.

hi skitch....few points ...the committee will be made up from area,s included under the radius of 52.....

also the welsh north road fed will be transporting the national ...they were in the combine as part of the combine.

north wales not icluded.

I'm south of 52 I'l have to get my application in as a Welsh fancier.

Guest strapper

I'm south of 52 I'l have to get my application in as a Welsh fancier.

applications are on the national site albear m8......if you want link let me know.

being a gog its had to work out whats going on down south !!!! what was the problem with the wse nat / combine in order for this new so called national to be formed are the new nr fed members  that are behind this new one still in the wse nat and combine too !!

Guest strapper
being a gog its had to work out whats going on down south !!!! what was the problem with the wse nat / combine in order for this new so called national to be formed are the new nr fed members  that are behind this new one still in the wse nat and combine too !!

im not sure who will stay in the nationals.......some members will do ,no doubt race some races.

I work 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off and at present able to afford membership of both so i will join the new national(let the north in) and i will pick whatever races i can be there for and leave the ones i cant

After the joining fee this year it will only be a tenner to have the choice,and the entry fee per race will probably be about the same,at least i will have a few more opertunities to do what we all want to do and that is watch our birds home.

neil

Guest strapper
I work 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off and at present able to afford membership of both so i will join the new national(let the north in) and i will pick whatever races i can be there for and leave the ones i cant

After the joining fee this year it will only be a tenner to have the choice,and the entry fee per race will probably be about the same,at least i will have a few more opertunities to do what we all want to do and that is watch our birds home.

neil

correct neil...you can work your normal hours and still race nationals at the weekend m8....im with you on letting the north join....as ive said b4 time will tell.

North Wales Coast Fed voted to go south on the channel this year???? Some mebers for it some against?? 60 % 40% ?????

So they looking to go into France on the Channel, maybe the ones who dont really want south would go with the new ''Nationals'' programme , South / South East?? Food for thought. But they would have to let the rest of Wales in first. ;)

Guest strapper
North Wales Coast Fed voted to go south on the channel this year???? Some mebers for it some against?? 60 % 40% ?????

So they looking to go into France on the Channel, maybe the ones who dont really want south would go with the new ''Nationals'' programme , South / South East?? Food for thought. But they would have to let the rest of Wales in first. ;)

gerraint i think theres food for thought, maybe the powers that be could have a meeting and come to some sort of arrangement m8...i think  this would be a most welcomed move.