Had a major disaster

Im so upset  :'( I decided after 3 weeks to let my pigeons out into the big world, the came out of their own accord and hung about all day but they have now vanished and have not come back, im gutted  :'( Do you think they could have flown back to their old home even though they were young when I got them  :B Im feeling so stupid as I have obviously not done everything correctly and have now lost my babies  :'(

Looks like ive been your shortest member  :'(

sad when this happens but its part of the sport mate belive me when u see them arrive home from training the first time r ure first race it makes up for all the bad days and when u win ure first race well u will smile for weeks keep at it mate with pigeons probally more than any other sport thers ups and downs even the best have there downs    dont get too upset sure fanicers here will sort u out

Im so upset  :'( I decided after 3 weeks to let my pigeons out into the big world, the came out of their own accord and hung about all day but they have now vanished and have not come back, im gutted  :'( Do you think they could have flown back to their old home even though they were young when I got them  :B Im feeling so stupid as I have obviously not done everything correctly and have now lost my babies  :'(

im sure the members will give you more

1could they see around 2 were they scared off shed 3 were they just fed 4 look out in morning they should be back

Their shed does have some tree cover above and they could have been scared off the shed roof possibly and yes they had been fed, I was maybe a bit generous with their food  :B Im worried as we have sparrow hawks here and see several wood pigeons slaughtered  :o

Im going to go out again now with the torch to see if I can see them  :-/

Most will be back tomorrow... some later on like. Just ignore them and leave loft door open if possible. May be that you will have to trap them like thi for a couple of weeks till they are confident and afeel safe.

Talk gentle and put them through the traps a couple of times each, each day. Then 2 weeks time, when hungry they will coe in. Best think now is quiet voice and slow movements at all times around them. May well be no harm is done, could well even a good thing a little further down the line.

Need a heading on that subject too I guess. Nights out, good or bad, but of course not discussed on here. Good luck mucker. Hope they are back sooner than later ... though often thoses away like this for a few days turn out to be good day birds from nigh anywhere,  weather permitting of course. Good luck.

i let mine out for 3rd time today, all flew away early this morning all back just before darkness i am glad they are back i know how you must feel young birds cause soo much stress and worry

What kind were they and what is the history of them

I make dovecotes for people and I always get that phonecall when the take the net off for the first time, they may take a few days to come back, I would worry after three days, they may only be enjoying the freedom. pigeons stay becuase they enjoy the food and shelter they will be back when they are hungry if no one else feeds them

You can home some  fantails and rollers in a few days and some racers you can never home some will always find their way home, best to get racers down on eggs and rearing young before you let them out, a lot easier with squeakers

Where about in Perthshire are you :)

What kind were they and what is the history of them

I make dovecotes for people and I always get that phonecall when the take the net off for the first time, they may take a few days to come back, I would worry after three days, they may only be enjoying the freedom. pigeons stay becuase they enjoy the food and shelter they will be back when they are hungry if no one else feeds them

You can home some  fantails and rollers in a few days and some racers you can never home some will always find their way home, best to get racers down on eggs and rearing young before you let them out, a lot easier with squeakers

Where about in Perthshire are you :)

Hi

Im in Bridge of earn  :) Just been out and they are not back  :-/

sorry to hear that m8 i know how it feels we have lost two of are birds one of them today still hoping it will be back 2moz but that's the way it goes sometimes don't lose your heart they maybe back when there hungry  birds with a full crop will stay out maybe a day or two if they don't stray to far they be back don't worry about sparrow hawks they will usually only attack lone bird so if yours stick together they should be fine good luck with getting them back if they do come home i would keep em in for two days then let them fly again when there hungry

I havent found that out yet, I was told but cant remember  :-/ Sorry, im pretty useless I know  :B

tell me where you are and i,ll help you i,m only 20 minutes away from you in ladybank

and if you want you can have a few latebred youngbirds , they will be ready soon

my phone number is mobile 07745348939  

I havent found that out yet, I was told but cant remember  :-/ Sorry, im pretty useless I know  :B

Don't you worry  :) :) :) one wee minute CTP  ;) ;) ;) their are a few of us here  ;D ;D ;D in the same boat ???????? I'm afraid. Useless !!!!!!!!! & carn't remember a bloody thing etc, much of the time. So have no fear  :P :P :P now, because you should feel well at home on this site, in my view.

Enjoy.