Quite a few new members on

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hello I've joined the forum because my wife has finally agreed to have pigeons in the garden, I used to keep a few pouters and tumblers about fifteen years ago but work commitments meant I had to pass them on.

I'm a complete novice regarding racers so please excuse me if I ask daft questions.

I don't have any birds yet but when I finish building my loft I'm hoping to find A few young birds.

I'm in southampton and looking to join a local club.

I have a block of sheds/ kennels with a flat roof and want to site a loft on the roof but wonder if an occasional barking lurcher would upset the birds, its the only space I have as I keep a few bees as well.

Hello I've joined the forum because my wife has finally agreed to have pigeons in the garden, I used to keep a few pouters and tumblers about fifteen years ago but work commitments meant I had to pass them on.

I'm a complete novice regarding racers so please excuse me if I ask daft questions.

I don't have any birds yet but when I finish building my loft I'm hoping to find A few young birds.

I have a block of sheds/ kennels with a flat roof and want to site a loft on the roof but wonder if an occasional barking lurcher would upset the birds, its the only space I have as I keep a few bees as well.

welcome , the birds will get used to any noises . good luck with the loft build. :animatedpigeons:

good m8, and all the best, keep us up to date,

• 3 months later...

Hello all, new on here , looks a great site ,looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

Welcome To Pigeon Basics we hope you enjoy our site we look forward to your posts ;)

Hello all, new on here , looks a great site ,looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

Hi far north are you Monkey?

If the clues in the name Hartlepool as a guess ;)

How do you decipher "Northern Monkey" as Hartlepool???

Edited by DOVEScot

He could b from Boddam, Aberdeenshire? 'Twas them who hung the monkey!! :emoticon-0140-rofl:

;) We shall see when they return hopefully ;) surely that town should be twinned with Hartlepool then ;)

Guest northern monkey

Thanks for the welcome lads , i am in fact from Teeside but Boro not hartlepool , they did hang a monkey many years ago because they thought it might be a french spy and are known as the monkey hangers , i`m sure the badge of hartlepool rugby club is a monkey with a noose around it`s neck. i`m not sure where the term northern monkey comes from and had never heard of it until i moved south and some lad from bristol called me a northern monkey.

I have lived and worked in Wales for the last 13 years and have wanted to start up with pigeons again , had them from a kid to my early 20s , i`ll be 50 next year and i`m being made redundant in november so have decided to build a loft and get a few birds, nearly started up a couple of years ago but as usual work got in the way.

Theres a pigeon racing club within walking distance from my house so hope to race next year but we will see how it goes , need to do a bit of work shifting sheds ect first until i can build a loft.

Looks a great site and looking forward to getting to know you lads.

Cheers Andy.

Thanks for the welcome lads , i am in fact from Teeside but Boro not hartlepool , they did hang a monkey many years ago because they thought it might be a french spy and are known as the monkey hangers , i`m sure the badge of hartlepool rugby club is a monkey with a noose around it`s neck. i`m not sure where the term northern monkey comes from and had never heard of it until i moved south and some lad from bristol called me a northern monkey.

I have lived and worked in Wales for the last 13 years and have wanted to start up with pigeons again , had them from a kid to my early 20s , i`ll be 50 next year and i`m being made redundant in november so have decided to build a loft and get a few birds, nearly started up a couple of years ago but as usual work got in the way.

Theres a pigeon racing club within walking distance from my house so hope to race next year but we will see how it goes , need to do a bit of work shifting sheds ect first until i can build a loft.

Cheers Andy.

welcome m8, keep in touch,

Cheers Andy.

Welcome to Basics, not being into rugby or history in that area I genuinely did not know the term but I am now a bit wiser so thanks for that, us Scotts think it could be the real north like Wick or Inverness

If you want a good pair of whites let me know and I will breed you a pair

Guest northern monkey

Will do FIFER thanks for the welcome.....................DOVEScot , i wouldn`t mind a pair of them whites when i get sorted mate cheers..............oh and i`ll give you that one you don`t get much further north than Inverness or Wick :D

• 1 month later...