win or lose

milecrosslofts

i sent my birds to race this week and amonst them was a 2008 mealy cock i didnt think i would see him again, well as the day went by my birds returning one by one, well just as i thought that was it all the birds that are going to make it are here on the loft came that 2008 mealy cock that i didnt think i would ever see again. that put a smile on my face and gave me such a happy and warm feeling i thought to myself thats what racing is all about it dont matter if you win or lose if you get get that feeling thats what racing pigeons is all about i won today in every way,

mark

i sent my birds to race this week and amonst them was a 2008 mealy cock i didnt think i would see him again, well as the day went by my birds returning one by one, well just as i thought that was it all the birds that are going to make it are here on the loft came that 2008 mealy cock that i didnt think i would ever see again. that put a smile on my face and gave me such a happy and warm feeling i thought to myself thats what racing is all about it dont matter if you win or lose if you get get that feeling thats what racing pigeons is all about i won today in every way,

mark

very true m8

Guest Hjaltland

I remember getting my first bird back from 220 miles .. across the water... jeez oh you could have heard me shouting from miles away... such a brilliant feeling

mark

as my race is not till tomorrow the 1st bird i expect to see is my 2008 mealy cock

mark

great :) strange thing about pigeons is,, that buzz, never leaves you,, lovely to here about your meally :)

Guest G.Drysdale + son

Thanks guys had a wee celebration tonight with my family and Jamie (my son) went to Cowdenbeath stockcars.Velocity 1001.382 Coldstream 54 mls  :) :) :)

Thanks guys had a wee celebration tonight with my family and Jamie (my son) went to Cowdenbeath stockcars.Velocity 1001.382 Coldstream 54 mls  :) :) :)

Well done to you both.

Interesting info on your velocity too, my club was won on 947.224, from the same racepoint, going 15" before you. All the more credit to you given the conditions on the day. The birds certainly didn't need to pack their sun-specs for this race.

Guest Freebird

mark

Interested to know why you thought you'd never see him again. Glad he proved you wrong and hope he goes on to be a special bird for you. Good luck.

Interested to know why you thought you'd never see him again. Glad he proved you wrong and hope he goes on to be a special bird for you. Good luck.

lol well as form a yb he always has been slow and he never has made it home on the day even tho he is as fit as any other bird in the loft. so every race i think well this is his last lol, but to see him get back on the day and still full of life was a grate feeling maybe he on the up lol.