RIP Sam

Guest Jargre-

Guest Jargre-

I know its a pigeon forum but what the hell, I've stayed on here best part of the day to avoid the fact I had to put my cross border collie of 17 years to eternal sleep yesterday.   So for you my best friend barring none...   REST IN PEACE SAM.   I have your collar on my bedpost so you sleep by my side in spirit if nothing else.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I remember only too well the tears I shed losing my Labradour. She got cancer in the brain.... Vet said he could keep her going for a while (up to years). But I said no. She'd lost any dog sense. Though she could obey commands still. But there was no quality life for her.  I am still sadden when I think of her even now a few years down the line. It would only have been keeping her alive for pure selfish reasons. I've never had another dog since, she couldn't be replaced a brilliant one off.

Guest Jargre-

The problem with Sam is his heart was strong and he would have kept going until he could breathe no more.  It would have been cruel to keep him that way though.   :(

Thanks for the kind words.

The dog i have now is a diabetic and blind but he's a git lol , he chases the postman even though he can't see him.

I love him to bits and while he's still got his character i'm happy. :-)

Guest Jargre-
The dog i have now is a diabetic and blind but he's a git lol , he chases the postman even though he can't see him.

I love him to bits and while he's still got his character i'm happy. :-)

lol, Sam was the only dog I knew that could fall UP stairs.   ;D ;D ;D

Guest Jargre-
did you stay with him while he was put to sleep

Yes, he was lying in my arms when the Vet put him down, I promised myself he would not be alone and me and my Wife were with him when he went to his maker.   Having private cremation now and he's coming home.   :)