Special Ring Numbers

Diamond dave

Hi Dave ,there's always a number that catches your eye for some reason and a young bird that catches your eye aswell.My late father use to say to me "I don't want to know because we'll just loose it".I still do it though,haven't got rings yet ,I'm sure one or two will stick out.

Lindsay.

Guest SPORTKA

I put some rings on this week, one of my 2008 cocks has ring ending 177, so I put one of my this years rings ending 177 on one of his youngsters. I have also held back 14141 which I will put on the offspring of my no 1 pair, dont know what to call the bird though, perhaps the 14 or the 41 lol :)

"The last number in the bird number  is also my pair number

So all that end with a "3" will be off my number 3 pair and will also be bro-sis's"

- Thats a great idea Don.

Today I thought what a good idea it would be if you could ring the cocks with even numbers and hens with odd numbers - if only you could tell that early in the nest.........

Guest frank dooman

i think we all do that to a certain extent last year i didnt mean it but 007 went on a ble cock off my 2 sec winners it turned out to be my best y/bird bonds the name james bond ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) have you ever noticed how many times the y/b from a certain bird say it ends with 36 the ring you put on the y/b ends with 36 strange one :-/ :-/ :-/

i think we all do that to a certain extent last year i didnt mean it but 007 went on a ble cock off my 2 sec winners it turned out to be my best y/bird bonds the name james bond ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) have you ever noticed how many times the y/b from a certain bird say it ends with 36 the ring you put on the y/b ends with 36 strange one :-/ :-/ :-/
franks bond  ;D ;D ;D

Guest cloudview
Cloudview - how can you tell whiich are which so early in the nest.............?

hi , usually by size , but another good way at that age is look at the rear end yuo will find that the hens are showing a frown , the cocks a smile