Essex & Kent Combine Thurso

COTTONHEAT

Do you know if there were any day birds?  I understand the North & East Yorks Fed raced from Elgin but returns and times were not good.  We held over at Fraserburgh due to fog yesterday morning at the racepoint.  In North Yorkshire it rained most of yesterday afternoon with thunder and lightning although stopped for a couple of hours from 3-6ish.  The wind was a very fresh to strong Southerly so this will also have challenged the birds.  We're at Thurso in a couple of weeks so hoping for better weather then, that's if we ever get a lib from Fraserburgh!  Welcome to British Summertime!

Where are we here realistically. They were released with the view of second day timings.... will be most, way up in the 90% of empty perches tonight I'd wager.

Heard one has got to Nottingham... good bird that!

I am also flying Thurso - not lerwick as I posted earlier - and think if I get one later tonight I'll win the club, if not the Fed... So good luck all, and hope I'm wrong and there are some earlier ones...

Well I'll go to the foot of the Stairs.

Nottingham, Melton and Leicester have one and Now Desborough has one... so I won't win tjhe Fed lol... But london should be getting them today after all if it stays as it is... and don't deteriate too much.

Well as I say our convoyer Tony Meek is still at Fraserburgh.  He's a pigeon man himself so I'm sure if people could get the birds to him before we liberate (goodness knows when!) he would bring them down country and liberate them at Hull (a whole lot closer than they would be).  From experience I understand Amtrak do not operate any further north than Aberdeen.

Guest shadow
you have got till tuesday evening to clock in it has been extended due to the weather conditions

does your fed not have a minimum velocity to call a race closed I know some do. eg. 444 yds per min.

Our fed is 72 hours, so race finishes at 10 55 in the morning.

Should they have been released!? For and againsts I guess... As I said the birds should ave gone up Tuesday for a Friday lib... Wed meant no rest day.

I don't really believe that even 5% didn't know what the weather forecast was, so down to the fanciers, simple as that. I could have waied and sent NRCC, but chose that Thurso! Who do I blame, if any blame is to be laid at any feet! Why me of course! Wise after the fact diesn't apply here either because we ALL knew the forecast.

Well I don't blame myself. When I send my birds to a race I entrust them to the care of the race controller and the convoyer and trust that they will make their decisions based totally on the birds welfare.

Well it is obvious on this occassion that was not the case. Some say the decision to lib was based on lack of money to pay the convoyers to stay up there any longer.

Well I don't blame myself. When I send my birds to a race I entrust them to the care of the race controller and the convoyer and trust that they will make their decisions based totally on the birds welfare.

Well it is obvious on this occassion that was not the case. Some say the decision to lib was based on lack of money to pay the convoyers to stay up there any longer.

True M8 ... the Lib / Controllers should have used their magic wand... Golly how else do they expect to look after you.

There are still only three in our Fed! But I CHOSE to send knowing full well what the wesather was going to be like! My fault, I wanted them to have a stiff hard distance race to sort out what is what! Guess they certainly got that! Am 10 brilliant bred birds down! Mine, like everyone elses' fault who sent, no two ways about that!

Golly they wouldn't have been up till next week! Or brought back Friday! Isn't Hindsight a brilliant thing eh! ::)