nest mates paired together

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all, i leave my racer's pick their own mates and two nestmates have paired together, i have seen good results through pairing this way(smargd birds) but would like to hear other peoples view on pairing this way, do you do it? what's the results ? . thanks

I have never tried it to be honest Adrian. Sometimes though the the more contentious methods work and deliver outstanding results at times. My gut feeling would be they would more likely produce breeders rather than racers. Just my opinion.

Paul.

Guest BigJim45
hi all, i leave my racer's pick their own mates and two nestmates have paired together, i have seen good results through pairing this way(smargd birds) but would like to hear other peoples view on pairing this way, do you do it? what's the results ? . thanks

i had a pair in 05 the hen took 2x1st club cock did well taken 2x5thmaidstone and got ace pigeon  

Adrian, I know a top flier in the North East who paired full brother and sister together, and flew 4th UNC with one of the offspring.

...... although rumour is that its nestmate was reported in the everglades and can now play the banjo!  ;D

;

Adrian, I know a top flier in the North East who paired full brother and sister together, and flew 4th UNC with one of the offspring.

...... although rumour is that its nestmate was reported in the everglades and can now play the banjo!  ;D

It just keeps getting better,and better ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol, they've just hatched out a day or so ago,  i'll chuck a ring on them and give em a go i think. both parents are winner's on the road upto 1st fed.  

Uncle Daddy!

Guest chrisss
i am phoning the police to much incest going on here.

if none of the yb have webbed feet.and as long as none of them start singing country and western songs about their dogs or going to nascar you should be ok ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest TIMBARRA LOFTS

Morning.

I would never pair full brother and sister together let alone nest mates unless the birds were of exceptional quality, and i mean spectacular on all aspects of disirable traits , and both birds !!

I line breed and in -breed successfully and maitain a high standard of birds bred in this way, i also think the young will become smaller over a period of nests if not superior birds mate.

just my findings and opinion. as i have not seen the birds,

Guest marvin

ive had this a couple of times but never bred anything of note still you never know . this year i have paired grandsire to grand daughter with fingers crossed

If they are superior i think he means the gene pool will be that much better able to throw out the good traits.Where as if they are inferior in anyway they will have more chance of throwing out the undesireable traits.Its all about condensing as many good traits as possible and eliminating the bad ones .Its allways a lottery but the more tickets you have the more chance you have of winning.

Guest TIMBARRA LOFTS
Timbarra what difference does it make whether the birds are 'Superior' or not?

because to embark on an inbreeding program the pigeons need to be of superior quality, the reason being that inbreeding does not add or develope any new traits in the bloodline, inbreeding only fixes the genes that are already there, which means good traits and bad traits alike, so if your inbreeding with a pair which have bad traits then these will fix themselves in the progeny, if they are of superior quality then these superior traits will be fixed in the progeny, Alfon Anker geneticist has written many papers on it, along with other inbreeding proffessionals, in all breeds of animals, including pigeons, cattle and dogs etc...

This is why superior quality adults must be used only.

The crossing of certain animals gives a wider range of variable off-spring and the gene pool for traits or type varys more.

hope this may have help give you an answer.

spencer

Timbarra what difference does it make whether the birds are 'Superior' or not?

not spencer to answer this, however in my view i only do this when there good speciemins oth carrying the same traits i hope to produce in there offspring, as with such a close mating the good points and  terrile points  can e heigtened, hence only chosing the mating of those with the good traits which i wish to ring out in the ofspring

Guest TIMBARRA LOFTS

not spencer to answer this, however in my view i only do this when there good speciemins oth carrying the same traits i hope to produce in there offspring, as with such a close mating the good points and  terrile points  can e heigtened, hence only chosing the mating of those with the good traits which i wish to ring out in the ofspring

whats not spencer to answer this mean . ?  

but your understanding of the reason wiley is the same. :)