feeding for ybs

leighton

ive cut my food down on my ybs and this morning the droppings were loose there getting 1 egg cup of bamfords ybs per bird i cut them down to try and motivate them more     my question is will there droppings firm or do i feed more?  there droppings were perfect till i reduced there food

cheers

the more protein you feed the firmer and nicer the dropping ybs need to grow patience they'll soon fly :)

yh im in no rush just a guy from my club said cut there food down  as they were getting about 1 egg cup twice aday  dont get me wrong a few flew more this morning but there droppings were alot loose im feeding bamfords racing mix for ybs?  

yh im in no rush just a guy from my club said cut there food down  as they were getting about 1 egg cup twice aday  dont get me wrong a few flew more this morning but there droppings were alot loose im feeding bamfords racing mix for ybs?  

im feeding mine on 100% green peas dropping like nuggets  ;) i havent seen the racing mix im afraid id be more inclined to use the breeding mix as still growing ;)

get the droppings tested just make sure there isn't an underlying problem and then if all ok, don't reduce the feed but lighten it and they will start to fly. If you feed them to heavy they will just sit around!

hi mate its not how much you feed them to get them to fly its what you feed them ,y/b's are hard to regulate .1st there growing so need plenty protien. 2nd  fanciers want them to fly 1 - 2 hours so to do that you need to feed them a high carbs diet . i would let them grow then nearer the 1st y/b race maybe 4 weeks before then change them onto a high carbs feed ,who wants them to fly hours just now certainly not me mate.

hi mate its not how much you feed them to get them to fly its what you feed them ,y/b's are hard to regulate .1st there growing so need plenty protien. 2nd  fanciers want them to fly 1 - 2 hours so to do that you need to feed them a high carbs diet . i would let them grow then nearer the 1st y/b race maybe 4 weeks before then change them onto a high carbs feed ,who wants them to fly hours just now certainly not me mate.

bang on ;) plenty time fer flying the love of home and knowing there surounds far more important ;) id change the feed a bit quicker tho but gradualy on to a high carb mix ;)

bang on ;) plenty time fer flying the love of home and knowing there surounds far more important ;) id change the feed a bit quicker tho but gradualy on to a high carb mix ;)

100% mark i ment to put on 4/6 weeks before instead of 4 weeks and i would hope that anyone changing food doesnt do it over night gradually over the space of a week ,if they fly for hours just now the will be past their best come the racing season .

100% mark i ment to put on 4/6 weeks before instead of 4 weeks and i would hope that anyone changing food doesnt do it over night gradually over the space of a week ,if they fly for hours just now the will be past their best come the racing season .

the way i see it as soon as there off ranging fer a week time to put in a basket , would anyone want to be training so early ???? not me :)

JUST STARTING TO REDUCE BEAN NOW GRADUALLY INTRODUCING COUNTRY WIDE YB MIX UP NSTARTING TO BATCH AMAZING HOW THEY STRT TO EXERCISE MORE FREELY WEN YOU LIGHTEN THE FEED

this was my point as im only flying ybs this year im in no rush and can give 110% to ybs   i never have trouble getting them to trap  but a guy from my club said they were like ducks compared to his  and thats the reason for them only fluttering from floor to loft roof but he did say to add some beans and reduce the bamfords

but cheers guys im not worried just hate loose droppings especially when they were as good as my stock birds droppings