Unikon Ets Rings

john cumming

Pads in 'Confine /confined/ or confines are the same.

Vicinity of the Loft!

So the governing bodies have it made ... fanciers own decision.

Never heard tale of any checks ever done - nor ever likely to be I guess.

Only ones moaning is those having the pad under the landing board and whinging other fanciers are doing the same.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A can assure you all I was Sec of the club and the bill for 12 members was £180. I know all about the 50p but it wasn’t asked for or paid, imo that should be voluntary anyway as should all contributions to any charity. In Lan Fed the members are compelled to pay an extra 10p for their entry to a race for charity too, again imo that should be the fanciers choice not a stipulation of entry. I would pay it regardless, as would the vast majority I’m sure, but the point is it shouldn’t be compulsory.

The dues for SHU membership is £15 and as has been pointed out the membership is falling so and extra 10p a week on top isnae gonna bust anyone and at the end of the day it would make ye union that bit more comfortable and there would be no need for them to insist ETS rings are bought from them only. Piece on nonsense that cannot possibly be monitored and is there to meet the demands of the companies not the members as it should Always be.

Vicinity of the Loft!

Only ones moaning is those having the pad under the landing board and whinging other fanciers are doing the same.

When the rule was put in place that all pads had to be “over the threshold†of the loft and checked by club officials there were members all over the country telling their club officials to get tae F, some threatened physical violence when the officials tried to insist on applying the rule, so it was reviewed and given the very real intimidation of officials and the duty of the union not to put members in a threatening position it was dropped. This gave unscrupulous fanciers catre blanche tae suit themselves where the pads are positioned.

So anyone who thinks it should be enforced form a sub committee within the club of those prepared to face up to the aggression and go round sealing pads into position instead of passing the buck to the usual couple of men who do everything else.

Roland this is NOT directed at you at all, just generally to those who are of a mind to insist pads should be monitored.

When the rule was put in place that all pads had to be “over the threshold†of the loft and checked by club officials there were members all over the country telling their club officials to get tae F, some threatened physical violence when the officials tried to insist on applying the rule, so it was reviewed and given the very real intimidation of officials and the duty of the union not to put members in a threatening position it was dropped. This gave unscrupulous fanciers catre blanche tae suit themselves where the pads are positioned.

So anyone who thinks it should be enforced form a sub committee within the club of those prepared to face up to the aggression and go round sealing pads into position instead of passing the buck to the usual couple of men who do everything else.

Roland this is NOT directed at you at all, just generally to those who are of a mind to insist pads should be monitored.

First one that threatened violence to me or any committee member doing their job or applying the rules their feet would not touch the floor, they would be out of the club and sport.

A can assure you all I was Sec of the club and the bill for 12 members was £180. I know all about the 50p but it wasn’t asked for or paid, imo that should be voluntary anyway as should all contributions to any charity. In Lan Fed the members are compelled to pay an extra 10p for their entry to a race for charity too, again imo that should be the fanciers choice not a stipulation of entry. I would pay it regardless, as would the vast majority I’m sure, but the point is it shouldn’t be compulsory.

The dues for SHU membership is £15 and as has been pointed out the membership is falling so and extra 10p a week on top isnae gonna bust anyone and at the end of the day it would make ye union that bit more comfortable and there would be no need for them to insist ETS rings are bought from them only. Piece on nonsense that cannot possibly be monitored and is there to meet the demands of the companies not the members as it should Always be.

dont worry john wee kelly will sort it this year

Vicinity of the Loft!

thot you were still looking for the price of making a ets ring roland

The rule as is worded now is bird must be timed inside the loft