Been Trying To Think Of Some Ways

walterboswell59

first and foremost everyone must have masks and visors if possible and marking will have to start much earlier as it will take much longer to mark the birds with less men doing the work

what about knocking up a frame the size of a table with perspex or similar for ets the marker can be on one side with the base station and man reading it on the other with small hole to pass clock through with the same idea for rubbers with hole cut for ringer the man ringing the birds takes the rubber off the tab and passes the rubber though a small hole to the man carrying the birds who puts it over the ringer and the man at the table pushes the ringer open the carrier then goes and takes a bird from the basket and gets it rung puts the bird in race basket while guy at the table writes the tag on the pool sheet the carrier then is past and fits another rubber before bringing the next bird just some ideas guys and not hard to do what your thoughts

first and foremost everyone must have masks and visors if possible and marking will have to start much earlier as it will take much longer to mark the birds with less men doing the work

what about knocking up a frame the size of a table with perspex or similar for ets the marker can be on one side with the base station and man reading it on the other with small hole to pass clock through with the same idea for rubbers with hole cut for ringer the man ringing the birds takes the rubber off the tab and passes the rubber though a small hole to the man carrying the birds who puts it over the ringer and the man at the table pushes the ringer open the carrier then goes and takes a bird from the basket and gets it rung puts the bird in race basket while guy at the table writes the tag on the pool sheet the carrier then is past and fits another rubber before bringing the next bird just some ideas guys and not hard to do what your thoughts

My mate was up Burnbank club the other day and they have arranged it in a wae tht allows social distancing

Also looks like they will be relaxing the 2 metre rule shortly as they reckon a metre is just fine as they are doing it in most other countries...

Good forward thinking Walter where there is a will there is a way

My mate was up Burnbank club the other day and they have arranged it in a wae tht allows social distancing

Also looks like they will be relaxing the 2 metre rule shortly as they reckon a metre is just fine as they are doing it in most other countries...

Good forward thinking Walter where there is a will there is a way

better than a two metre pole george lol and plenty time to make something that will work and keep us safe as for social distancing thats been going on for years in most clubs after they get there birds through they bugger off so we will see what happens everyone who can will have to do there bit dont mind helping anyone but not made a fool of

Well, hear some compare racing pigeons to other sports, like fishing!

Mind they have o travel single to the river / lake. Yes we could do that!

They have to stay well distanced. Also they naturally fish fur apart. The can say Hi and speak 2- 3 metres away when passing.

We could do that.

They Don't need a gathering what so ever. No contests etc. allowed. We do. And does one really thing our club rooms would stay distances apart! get real, within a short while we would be mingling, and getting closer.

Also much hands on would be needed. So chances are- slim - but are chances are heightened! one can / could be infected and take home a little pressie.

do I, in all honesty believe that distancing would be maintained at a club. Well from the 6o odd years in the sport I would say categorically NO'! Sorry no chance. With all the desires and good intentions, the laws as such would quickly be disbanded. You can take that to the bank... Be honest and not self in thoughts here.

there is going to a very lot of mud slinging when days come about that it is safe to go out and no rules.

People laying blame and innuendoes. When the matter settles and the cost is counted. When one remembers loved one that have died. AND then need to lay blame and cast aspersions.

Mainly by the selfish one that did as they wanted and liked. Whom ignored rulings and knew better. Their saying when took to task with idiotic like 'Well yes, but I knew Iwhat I was doing and sure I didn't pass it on' etc.

Edited by Roland

Well, hear some compare racing pigeons to other sports, like fishing!

Mind they have o travel single to the river / lake. Yes we could do that!

They have to stay well distanced. Also they naturally fish fur apart. The can say Hi and speak 2- 3 metres away when passing.

We could do that.

They Don't need a gathering what so ever. No contests etc. allowed. We do. And does one really thing our club rooms would stay distances apart! get real, within a short while we would be mingling, and getting closer.

Also much hands on would be needed. So chances are- slim - but are chances are heightened! one can / could be infected and take home a little pressie.

do I, in all honesty believe that distancing would be maintained at a club. Well from the 6o odd years in the sport I would say categorically NO'! Sorry no chance. With all the desires and good intentions, the laws as such would quickly be disbanded. You can take that to the bank... Be honest and not self in thoughts here.

got to agree with you roland