My Set Up

Guest Old Timer

Guest Old Timer

After 12 years out of the sport just re-starting back this is my set up two 8x6 sheds converted to pigeon lofts...no racing this year as i only have 12 youngsters but all been well start racing youngsters again in 2018...i'd like to wish everyone a successful season cheers Bob

Guest Old Timer

Why not give the 12 YB's you have now a spin up the road, rather than have a dozen yearlings next year that haven't been anywhere in real terms ?

Simple answer maybe not the right one but fear of losing them plus these are to be the base of my future

Haven't really got the room to house prisoners. Thanks for your reply Cheers Bob

Guest Old Timer

Why don't you buy yourself some ybs for this year?

After buying 2 new sheds converting them...boxes and perches, traps and the 12 youngsters i have just bought i'm skint lol

Plus 12 years out one more season won't hurt and the 12 i have bought are to be my future stock

After buying 2 new sheds converting them...boxes and perches, traps and the 12 youngsters i have just bought i'm skint lol

Plus 12 years out one more season won't hurt and the 12 i have bought are to be my future stock

Welcome to basics old timer if the birds you already have are to be your stock why don't you approach some members of your club to breed you a pair of young birds to race this year (shy kids don't get any sweets mate) I'm living proof of that also there will be fanciers on basics that live close by that would be willing to help you get going again all you have to do is ask I packed up last year or I would have sent something down for you to try good luck :drinking-coffee-200:

Guest Old Timer

Welcome to basics old timer if the birds you already have are to be your stock why don't you approach some members of your club to breed you a pair of young birds to race this year (shy kids don't get any sweets mate) I'm living proof of that also there will be fanciers on basics that live close by that would be willing to help you get going again all you have to do is ask I packed up last year or I would have sent something down for you to try good luck :drinking-coffee-200:

Thanks for your reply i originally started in the 70's and packed up in 05 i was doing 3 jobs and just didn't have the time....in that 12 years out of the sport you lose touch with your old mates and to be honest there's not many of the old crowd keeping them nowadays. I'm not too fussed about racing this season to be honest i would rather settle back into the game again...i have no baskets, clock ect....just happy to get some Birds back to be honest everything has changed so a year off catching up and seeing how it's done again....patience is the key to future success i reckon cheers Bob