Donaghcloney H. P. S

showman

It is with a sense of disappointment I report the demise of the above club. Yes, membership figures were low, but there are very simple ways to get round that, so that a few members can get their birds away.

Donaghcloney HPS was formed in 1942, and we still had an active member to this day who can remember attending the club with his father.

It is a sad time indeed.

The club HQ was situated on the premises of a local retired vet and farmer and all was well. I could leave my house and be at the club in literally 3 mins.

On the way home from the final meeting held last night, I resolved to do something about it. I made a cup of tea for myself and the 'Memsahib' and got down to work.

I resolved that I would try my best to form a new club.

At present, the 'working' name of the club is 'MIDWAY H.P.S'.

Hopefully things will progress favourably . I'll post all details on the site to keep you all informed.

Paul.

On the go since 1942 sad times alright,can imagine the "craic"in that old club.lol.

The craic used to be mighty I can assure you.The club at one time was situated in a building at the back of a pub. On Friday night after race marking we all used to adjourn to the bar and discuss the important matters, such as......when's the best time to cut Blackthorn stick !! LOL LOL

Happy, happy days.

If there is enough members to set up a new club surely the old could have lived on? I fear for my own club we are losing more members this year

A new club would be the easiest way to suit those interested in having a local club. Duplication would be an option, but we'd rather stand alone.

Good luck with your new club,u won,t be the last that's. For sure.

Thanks mate.

Very best o luck to you Paul i hope everything works out for you.

Thanks mate. We'll give it a go anyway !