Losses

easygaun

Just read a column in the herald to-day regarding wind .farms and the affect that the rotating blades have on air pressure.It seems that the change in pressure can damage the lungs of birds and bats which fly near the blades,not that they are hit by the blades,because the numbers found in the vicinity show no visible signs of injury.The report goes on to say that each turbine is responsible for the deaths of 300 birds and bats in Spain and Germany,however no figures are in the public domain in Scotland.Food for thought.

Just read a column in the herald to-day regarding wind .farms and the affect that the rotating blades have on air pressure.It seems that the change in pressure can damage the lungs of birds and bats which fly near the blades,not that they are hit by the blades,because the numbers found in the vicinity show no visible signs of injury.The report goes on to say that each turbine is responsible for the deaths of 300 birds and bats in Spain and Germany,however no figures are in the public domain in Scotland.Food for thought.

If it is what you say why do you think it only effects a %

Of birds ,what about the ones that make it home

Week in week out are they just lucky .i believe there

Is more to it than that ( .question )did the big losses begin

When the wind farms went up or the explosion of BOPS

Came ,or the use of metal crates as apposed to wicker

Baskets ,or what the MOD are up to ,or just modern tec

I certainly can't answer that ?

Bop without a doubt .they are what is trebling in nos every year and our racing is getting worse every year an theyr main prey is racing pigeons windmills don't treble every year an it's thousands of pigeons that are going not 300 we could loose that every race in our fed

Bop without a doubt .they are what is trebling in nos every year and our racing is getting worse every year an theyr main prey is racing pigeons windmills don't treble every year an it's thousands of pigeons that are going not 300 we could loose that every race in our fed

I'm not arguing with anybody,just telling you what I read and you didn't read it properly;it says each f---ing windmill is responsible for 300 deaths

I'm not arguing with anybody,just telling you what I read and you didn't read it properly;it says each f---ing windmill is responsible for 300 deaths

Iam not arguing about it either just my opinion your asking the question so that's what I think.it would be very hard to prove that every windmill kills abou 300 birds .but if you could get to every perigrines nest you would find more than that a will put jmo so you don't think iam arguing

Sticking to the question: birds and wind turbines - I thought they were visible enough and noisy enough (they must surely make a noise of some sort) until I saw footage a while ago of a large slow moving bird approaching a wind turbine and get knocked to the ground after one of the blades hit it on the descent. And the blades weren't turning all that fast. Couldn't understand how the bird couldn't avoid being hit.

Sticking to the question: birds and wind turbines - I thought they were visible enough and noisy enough (they must surely make a noise of some sort) until I saw footage a while ago of a large slow moving bird approaching a wind turbine and get knocked to the ground after one of the blades hit it on the descent. And the blades weren't turning all that fast. Couldn't understand how the bird couldn't avoid being hit.

Ian I've been told at full tilt they move at 125 mph .

You want to stop reading the Herald its full of sh** a comi

c windmills or windfarms no significant harm to the bird population as for the air pressure round the blades killing birds more sh** windfarms are the future and safest way to go thats why they dropped the subsidies on green energy.