Fat Or Thin?

Guest Hairylayer

Guest Hairylayer

Maybe sounds like a daft question but is there a good way of telling if your pigeons are over or under weight?

Also do you lads feed running up to pairing up time and thing extra you would advise homorform etc?

Cheers

Maybe sounds like a daft question but is there a good way of telling if your pigeons are over or under weight?

Also do you lads feed running up to pairing up time and thing extra you would advise homorform etc?

Cheers

Hi mate

Mine are fat coming up to pairing as they have been doing nowt but eat. You can tell when they are over weight when the keel bone is not prominent on your fingertips when holding the bird. They will also feel heavy. Its not a problem because when you pair them the weight will come off due to the cock driving and other things on their minds. Feed at the moment is just a winter mix but that will change to breed and wean when the young hatch.

Best of luck

Guest Hairylayer

Thanks pal, hope you had a good Christmas, Great Advice as always.

Intresting idea Geordie, one reason I ask is if your too tight on the feed then I guess it would make them harder to pair up?

Thanks pal, hope you had a good Christmas, Great Advice as always.

Intresting idea Geordie, one reason I ask is you too tight on the feed then I guess it would make them harder to pair up?

No mate jst make sure their belly is full before you pair up or they will only be interested in food and not pairing

Guest Hairylayer

When my loft got trashed with the storms I got a new one up and threw them in the same section, the were all pairing up them selfs but no hens layed so woundered if it was down to there weight