Swelling To Wing Joint

is the wing but swollen much can you detect it ok never came across it yet had pigeon lame after a long hard race

but been ok after a few days rest

thank you

You know if you have it mate. It's a mess of an illness. They stop eating weight falls off, swollen joints they fall over and sit all puffed up in a corner of the loft. All the birds in the loft end up with swollen wing goings. And they look really healthy and they even fly but when you get hold of one you can feel it's not right. They won't win races they are fooked

A vet has give me Cyperfloxin 200. In into my seconed week 1ml. Per ltr have you guys ever used it

A vet has give me Cyperfloxin 200. In into my seconed week 1ml. Per ltr have you guys ever used it

just a different brand of enrofloxcinn which is baytril 100ml 10% baytril £80 to £100 100ml 10% cyperfloxcin £10 as said it can be managed but a hard job and not for me .

just a different brand of enrofloxcinn which is baytril 100ml 10% baytril £80 to £100 100ml 10% cyperfloxcin £10 as said it can be managed but a hard job and not for me .

Would you get rid of every thing and start again? Who says the next batch of birds won't pic it up from my lofts- pen, pigeons pec at all sorts of things. I can't see how it's possible to eradicate it unless I set all the lofts on fire and built new.

I feel like throwing in the towel. Devastated all the work and money and I was really enjoying it, I just feel like it's been a complete waist of time now. It's putting me of starting again as I may get it from some other loft or even mine

Are you seeing something that just isn't there :emoticon-0138-thinking: you would expect squeakers with this condition to be little scrawny things, loose droppings around the nest bowl & often the parents abandon them.

No offence, but how do you know these yb's joints are swollen as normally, they do look very pronounced ? I note that you have been given medication but has an avian vet actually seen your pigeons, taken any for lab autopsy / taken any samples and given you a firm clinical diagnosis?

You appear to have spent a lot of money on the birds. IMO if you haven't involved an avian vet you want to get a good one involved - the cost is a lot less than you've already forked out and peace of mind alone makes it well worthwhile.

I lost another today. God know what was wrong with it but it's mouth was full of scab looking mess, watering away gargling on what ever liquid was in its mouth. so I got rid right away. Apert from that one they look in good condition.

I had a feel of a friends birds and the lumps I was feeling ( shoulder blades) on the wing joints, his birds have the same??? Do all pigeons have these lumps?

I've lost about 20 young birds this year due to ybs all that I was given. I've had my 20 leave the nest and they are actually looking very good apart from the bone lump I can feel on the back, wing joint!

I've just had 20 young birds just left the nest and they also have the swollen wing joint. How do I get rid of 100 birds that look fine and health but will never preform like they should. It will be like mass merder

Have you no fancier that would come and have a look at your birds that live near you I think that's your best bet.