Penkridge Open

Peter, ye canny defend the call to liberate ybs at that time with 220 miles to go in a head wind. I know its a thankless job being a controller and ye don't get the pats on the back when its a good race but imo, on this occasion,it was a no brainer and you shouldve heldover. ps. This was my thinking before the race unfolded and not after the event.

del there was hardly any wind that day birds should have done it at most in 6hrs so there was still plenty of time for birds to be home if it had turned out a good race it would have been the right decision look what happened to lanarkshire on the sunday ok you got birds on the day but not many

so what about solway and midland were they to late in liberating aswell

the solway were timing pigeons in from just after 16.30pm another 1hr or so we should have been timing into midlothian so I dont think my decision was wrong

del there was hardly any wind that day birds should have done it at most in 6hrs so there was still plenty of time for birds to be home if it had turned out a good race it would have been the right decision look what happened to lanarkshire on the sunday ok you got birds on the day but not many

so what about solway and midland were they to late in liberating aswell

the solway were timing pigeons in from just after 16.30pm another 1hr or so we should have been timing into midlothian so I dont think my decision was wrong

Peter, I widny go with anything Midland do,they have form with these disasters lol.You thought you were making the right call obviously but now you must see you didn't??

dell midland were 60ml north of me solway was about 27ml south both raymond and myself agreed on liberations he went at the same time as myself there leading pigeons were doing 1198ypm so what happened to ours is a mystery that we will never know its happened in the past with other organisation and no doubt it will happen again to someone else

what is done is done its unfortunate for the birds I always try and do the right thing as regards the pigeons but we just have to move on I think the losses this year have been terrible all over and we all know what the biggest problem is but we just carry on

dell midland were 60ml north of me solway was about 27ml south both raymond and myself agreed on liberations he went at the same time as myself there leading pigeons were doing 1198ypm so what happened to ours is a mystery that we will never know its happened in the past with other organisation and no doubt it will happen again to someone else

what is done is done its unfortunate for the birds I always try and do the right thing as regards the pigeons but we just have to move on I think the losses this year have been terrible all over and we all know what the biggest problem is but we just carry on

I agree with you Peter but what I am trying to say is, if its a foreseeable disaster that can be avoided then the blame lies mainly with the controller. I don't doubt you do your best , I just wish controllers would come out and say, I made an azz of that (although obviously unintentional) .They would get the full backing and respect of members because we all make mistakes, its human nature.