Clock Checking Rules?

Dont think there is an actual RPRA rule but lot of clubs have rule stating that all clocks must be opened and checked on the day of timing

Thanks Rose, someone asked me the question and I wasn't to sure. So thought i'd ask. With post on this site like the above , its a wonder people actually post questions on this site.

Thanks Rose, someone asked me the question and I wasn't to sure. So thought i'd ask. With post on this site like the above , its a wonder people actually post questions on this site.

no what you mean most people only make up answers to suit themselves or have a grin at other peoples posts

yes agreed , thats what the sites for, cause now im asking ;D ;D ;D

it was the snfc rule that the yb natonal only ," clocks must be checked the day of timing in", yet in the old bird nationals , you could control your clock at race closing time , [even if youve timed in ] then time in again [if poss :)] in the morning , what is the ruling of the now inland ob nationals? [s n f c ]

I think Geraint meant if birds were timed in and the clocks werent opened Tony as you say should be club rule covering this

Again domestic rules cover, I think ours is up until 10pm on last day of race.

Never ever heard, of any clock anywhere, being read the day after timing. I have timed pigeons very late from hard distance races over the years, but the clock was always read, on clocking in day, be it by tim or whatever, before the second day commenced. I have had  other birds on the day, that arrived in my absence, whilst at the clocking station, but these were credited as second day birds. Some of you guys have a lot to learn, I guess,oops! nearly said GAS! LOL

Never ever heard, of any clock anywhere, being read the day after timing. I have timed pigeons very late from hard distance races over the years, but the clock was always read, on clocking in day, be it by tim or whatever, before the second day commenced. I have had  other birds on the day, that arrived in my absence, whilst at the clocking station, but these were credited as second day birds. Some of you guys have a lot to learn, I guess,oops! nearly said GAS! LOL

So whats the ruling then Vic?

Guest slugmonkey

ets clocks would be taken out of race mode when checked so you would end race at that point

we have manually entered birds AFTER clocks were cracked the flyer has to call the sec and tell him bird # and time then secratary has to verify this against clock in training mode we have done this when returns were bad and first 50 positions were not filled

So whats the ruling then Vic?

Never ever heard of any clocks not being openned on winning day after timing an arrival, Have You? (Unless not presented) If so! something is out of order, surely? I'll get these bloody smilies back yet!

LOL

ets clocks would be taken out of race mode when checked so you would end race at that point

we have manually entered birds AFTER clocks were cracked the flyer has to call the sec and tell him bird # and time then secratary has to verify this against clock in training mode we have done this when returns were bad and first 50 positions were not filled

I am sure the Unikon has a 'Race progress' mode whereby you can get a print out and then continue with the race still active

Never ever heard of any clocks not being openned on winning day after timing an arrival, Have You? (Unless not presented) If so! something is out of order, surely? I'll get these bloody smilies back yet!

LOL

Cant say I have, eyebrows would be raised if it did happen.

This is my point Vic, it HAS happend this last weekend, with 2 clubs down this way, they checked thier closk the day after timing!!! That is why I was trying to find if their is any ruling.

I am sure the Unikon has a 'Race progress' mode whereby you can get a print out and then continue with the race still active

You are correct ther Mick,if you have a pocket clock you take that to the club to have a race progress report printed off,while you are away any birds that may have arrived will be clocked in on your loft clock then when you get back just drop the pocket clock back in and it will load up the later birds.

It is you would have reset lot of our races are open for couple of days close of race goes down to ypm   Not sure about what would happen with ets but wont make lot of difference in our club with the internationals because the rules we are racing under says we still got to time in the rubbers

Sorry this might be a bit off the original posting but was interested in what you wrote Rose,is this the BICC, as it seems that they may be preventing members from using the ETS which is against RPRA rules.

what i meant Rose is i thought that if a member clocked on the first day and wanted to use the clock for day 2/3 he would have to have his clock opened on day 1 and could then have it reset for any more birds. Ifa member hasn't clocked he wouldn't need a reset.

Phil

Guest slugmonkey

I guess I am missing the point the electronic clock will run until you stop it but I don't know why on a 3 day race you would stop it on the 2nd day any way in our club if its a 3 day race we crack clocks on day 4 the only races we have problems with are the ones where we don't get birds in race time