Waste Of Time

Guest GAV

Guest GAV

Whats the point in reporting strays to unions and on web sites to find the owner of strays, you contact them, they give you all the excuses under the sun, say they,ll get back to you and thats the last you hear from them, if you cant make the effort to get birds back WHY ARE THEY IN THE SPORT.

Guest stb-

Whats the point in reporting strays to unions and on web sites to find the owner of strays, you contact them, they give you all the excuses under the sun, say they,ll get back to you and thats the last you hear from them, if you cant make the effort to get birds back WHY ARE THEY IN THE SPORT.

with couriers charging £50 plus now strays are scary things nowadays gav and thats if you can get a reliable one to actually pick up the bird to start with , if the birds are local no exscuse though

hard times affect us all at one time or another so gav i just heard you lost 10 young birds they have all been reported at different locations and guess what there are some injured and been took to local vet to finder and there is a bill-now tell me you feel great about it-----------?

when reporting strays give the lads the option that you will see to it if they dont want it back.

Guest bigda

hard times affect us all at one time or another so gav i just heard you lost 10 young birds they have all been reported at different locations and guess what there are some injured and been took to local vet to finder and there is a bill-now tell me you feel great about it-----------?

when reporting strays give the lads the option that you will see to it if they dont want it back.

would agree with that, but not to nap before contacted the owner as i am sure it goes on and the ets is re- used animatedpigeons.gif

Guest TAMMY_1

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Got to agree with gav on this,of course nobody wants too fork out on couriers but at the end of the day they are our birds so our responsibility!why should others especially non fanciers be left stuck with our birds? Ive had the phone slammed down on me,ive been asked too feed/water bird and chuck it up when ready but when the bird refuses to leave the fancier conveniently cant be contacted,I even heard one fancier say to his friend/partner 'not him again tell him to n--- -t,needless too say that conversation got a bit colourfull,why didnt he just say that the first time i phoned him?and we wonder why we get a bad name,ive driven to southampton,ipswich and barnet,london to collect from non fanciers,not all fanciers are bad in fact ive met some very considerate ones but a few ruin it for the rest of us -rant over

IVE HAD 2 STRAYS REPORTED THIS YEAR

1 FROM A NON FANCIER IN THE NEWCASTLE AREA

WITH A BIRD LOST LAST YEAR TOOK BACK FOR £30

AND ANOTHER WITH A FANCIER IN FIFE WHO WENT OUT HIS WAY TO

PUT MY BIRD ONTO OUR TRANSPORTER

IVE HAD 3 IN WHICH IVE EITHER PASSED ON TO THE RELIVENT FED

OR MANAGED TO GET LIBERATED A FEW MILES FROM HOME

THERES ALWAYS SOMEONE TRAVELLING IN THE DIRECTION THE BIRDS FROM

GET TO KNOW WHO THESE FOLK ARE , AND HONESTLY THE MAJORITY OF THEM DONT MIND

HELPING YOU OUT,

SOME EVEN LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE BIRDS THEY HAVE TAKEN CIRCLE AND HEAD FOR HOME

ONE OF THE LADS GETS HIS WIFE OUT OF THEIR HOUSE TO WATCH THE LIBERATION

SO EVEN A SMALL THING LIKE LIBBING STRAYS SPARKS A BIT OF INTEREST WITH THE PUBLIC

WHO AS I SAID ENJOY GETTING INVOLVED

if you get birds reported its your duty to deal with it

one way or another but at least do the right thing by the man who's had the decency to notify you

:emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest Gareth Rankin

I have a small cottage industry each summer running stray Lanarkshire birds up to Abington or Elvanfoot on a weekly basis and my friend Yeboah does more than me.

Well done Walter,