Pigeons Slits In Roof Of The Mouth

Are they flying ok, try a strong dose of garlic in the water see if that helps .if they are flying comeing back panting could be respiratory allot more expiriances fanciers will be able to guide you better .squeeze the birds wattles abit and look for bubbles coming out ofmth eys thats a sign of respiratory and nasal discharge also.

Guest chad3646

Flying brilliant just heard the slit should go right down and mines only open a little bit so was just wondering if there was some think wrong thanks for comment

if they are flying brilliant leave them be

There is a product I seen at a fanciers loft last year, can't for the life of me recall its name but you put a drop into the pigeons Eye, then open its beak a few seconds later to see if it has reached its throat. The product is a Bright Red eye drop and it goes straight to the birds throat immediately after putting it in its eye if all is ok!!

If there is a Respiratory problem the throat/mouth doesn't change colour. ;) ;)

There is a product I seen at a fanciers loft last year, can't for the life of me recall its name but you put a drop into the pigeons Eye, then open its beak a few seconds later to see if it has reached its throat. The product is a Bright Red eye drop and it goes straight to the birds throat immediately after putting it in its eye if all is ok!!

If there is a Respiratory problem the throat/mouth doesn't change colour. ;) ;)

Its called BRUX

• 2 months later...

Slits at the roof of pigeons mouth not open much what's best way to make it open more

You don't want them open much anyway ,if closed there's a problem and if wide open same again something not right .ps it's called the cleft .