Decimated By Hawks

My y b team is down by half I only had 30to start with now there are 15 and I've not had them to a race point yet.this happened on a 20 mile stretch between wick and thurso .in only 5 training tosses I've been hammered.ive tried diffrent day times and even very early 4 am but to no avail still damaged birds coming home.any advice.i heard of a wasp killer used on pigeon to contro le lice and worms but its also very good hawk (deterant)should they eat them.its not poisoning as I don't want the pigeon to die.but it's every time the birds go out and the hawks are protected but what else can we do

Any advice please.

Guest northern monkey

mate, B.leefe & sons sell a falcon & hawk deterrent for 11 quid , don`t know if it`s any good like , but you could send them an E-mail and ask about it, for the money it`s worth a go because of the problems you are having , go to their site and it`s in the supplements menu.

mate, B.leefe & sons sell a falcon & hawk deterrent for 11 quid , don`t know if it`s any good like , but you could send them an E-mail and ask about it, for the money it`s worth a go because of the problems you are having , go to their site and it`s in the supplements menu.

Thanks all ill give it a go

If it is the eagle owl cd i have them, i can send you one, they have to played really loud and even that it is debateable if they work

Guest northern monkey

If it is the eagle owl cd i have them, i can send you one, they have to played really loud and even that it is debateable if they work

This is a pink spray that you spray the birds with , i think it said that out of every ten birds you would spray one bird , have not a clue how this works or if it does at all but it say that in Germany it`s used a lot.

I am sitting outside at present watching the darkness yb s exercise ,I have just started working them hard the last few nights they are starting to range and gain height with that comes the falcon problem ,She went at them last night singling one out but missing it the rest just kept exercising she came back at them at a greater height but after a while of tracking them flew away ,she has been at them 10minutes ago but failed again 35 or so are at a height still flying an hour after I let them out they will not be so lucky every night but if they don't get put up and fit they have no chance,

When I lived on the outskirts of the town 23years ago when the falcon attacked them then they would immediately hit the ground and fly into things they see them every day here so seem to accept it I have the other alternative give them up but I ain't doing that ,Good luck .

I am sitting outside at present watching the darkness yb s exercise ,I have just started working them hard the last few nights they are starting to range and gain height with that comes the falcon problem ,She went at them last night singling one out but missing it the rest just kept exercising she came back at them at a greater height but after a while of tracking them flew away ,she has been at them 10minutes ago but failed again 35 or so are at a height still flying an hour after I let them out they will not be so lucky every night but if they don't get put up and fit they have no chance,

When I lived on the outskirts of the town 23years ago when the falcon attacked them then they would immediately hit the ground and fly into things they see them every day here so seem to accept it I have the other alternative give them up but I ain't doing that ,Good luck .

I have witnessed strikes around the loft and the peregrine can be put off by noise when in pursuit.

I know that whistling works but it may be an idea to try one of those air operated horns used by football supporters.

I think there is a fair chance that will work for you.

I have witnessed strikes around the loft and the peregrine can be put off by noise when in pursuit.

I know that whistling works but it may be an idea to try one of those air operated horns used by football supporters.

Yes any noise distracts them but no chance of air horn as the native's would string me up lol .

we are getting hit as well on the moray coast and inland so my advice is , 5tosses in then keep them for the first race, after 5 tosses to 20 mile, the educaton and line learning is into them so all they need is regular round the house and off to first race, jmo davy.

have you try,d the BALI BELLS couple o them. sounds ideal, good luck.

have you try,d the BALI BELLS couple o them. sounds ideal, good luck.

Thanks again all I know it's everyone's problem just sickens you a fair bit it's true that I only did 5tosses but lost a lot of birds but it is what it is.any feedback on the tail whistle foe pigeons .that with eye spots might make a difference??