Advice Ets Needed

Guest newcomer

Guest newcomer

I have the chance to buy a unikon system, the owner does not know much about it as it was her husband’s and he has sadly passed away, the system is the professional model and not the champ although the photo of this they appear the same, it comes with base, clock and single pad, and other extras, does anyone have any knowledge of this system or could offer any advice.

I bought the same system not knowing that there was an updated system(champ) The only problem is that the pocket clock will not fit on the master system so I have to take the base station down on basket night and race night and they have to disconnect everything and plug mine in to put my birds through(always put mine through last) and the same again with race night. Half the times my results don't appear on the print out and they end up doing them manually. I cant afford to buy a champ but if you can do so as you will avoid hassle!

I bought the same system not knowing that there was an updated system(champ) The only problem is that the pocket clock will not fit on the master system so I have to take the base station down on basket night and race night and they have to disconnect everything and plug mine in to put my birds through(always put mine through last) and the same again with race night. Half the times my results don't appear on the print out and they end up doing them manually. I cant afford to buy a champ but if you can do so as you will avoid hassle!

This is a disgrace as the prof system was sold first and more expensively.I was one of the first in Scotland, Uk to have one.Unikon conned us all here!!!

I have the chance to buy a unikon system, the owner does not know much about it as it was her husband’s and he has sadly passed away, the system is the professional model and not the champ although the photo of this they appear the same, it comes with base, clock and single pad, and other extras, does anyone have any knowledge of this system or could offer any advice.

The professional is the one that most of us in Scotland have.The pocket clock is rectangular and the base station has square buttons on it.

If your club system is the champ which I think is mostly used in England then I dont think the professional pocket clock will fit into the club base station.

The professional is the one that most of us in Scotland have.The pocket clock is rectangular and the base station has square buttons on it.

If your club system is the champ which I think is mostly used in England then I dont think the professional pocket clock will fit into the club base station.

Correct it doesn't fit and it is not easy to configure the prof base station to the system.

This is a disgrace as the prof system was sold first and more expensively.I was one of the first in Scotland, Uk to have one.Unikon conned us all here!!!

Yes we were conned,if your professional pocket clock is knackered you could buy a new champ pocket clock and it will work in your old base station but if the base station goes you will need a whole new system.

Ask when it was purchased because be aware it might need the batteries changed in either the base station or pocket clock. just had mine changed and have heard quite a few other fanciers with professional systems needing new batteries.my system was roughly 6-7 years old and it cost me £96 to get both batteries changed by unikon !! get some one who has a ets system to look at it first mate before you hand over any money

Only started last yb season and the club I joined is unikon ets only and they had no idea there were two systems! The prof system I bought had no power cable and unikon charged me £45 plus £5 carriage!

Must say I sold the Champ, the top one with all th xtras because the AFTER SALES was non existance. Help pathetic and never coming. Fob off after Fob off ... Mind as soon as his mate had the same problems as me - I am only a non flying member in that club now, Ray Knight was down like a good old mate and sorted it pronto.... I sold mine dirt cheap and bought a Benzing. Had dabbled with the Bricon, which that club all use... laxidasical help ... it comes after a time etc..... Jimmy in Scotland is first class. Only too pleased to help. Indeed tours and goes to clubs here abouts. Came last October for instance and updated all ETs in Northamptonshire / Bedfordshire etc. Great fellow and very helpful.

So it comes down to the cost and what it is worth.

Ask when it was purchased because be aware it might need the batteries changed in either the base station or pocket clock. just had mine changed and have heard quite a few other fanciers with professional systems needing new batteries.my system was roughly 6-7 years old and it cost me £96 to get both batteries changed by unikon !! get some one who has a ets system to look at it first mate before you hand over any money

Snap on the batteries! 5 races and £96, even though I cant use the pocket clock!

Guest newcomer

Thanks very much, I think I will leave well alone for now. Out of interest do other systems have the connection so you can have a print out from my home computor.