Yellow Gunk (Stuff) Under New Ybs Top Beak, Help Needed

Hi lads, I recently got 5 YBs in & I had them isolated from my own till I got some advice from people on here about treating them. So I got some harkers 3 in 1, I gave my 11 ybs & the 5 new ones a tab this morning.

But while I was doing the 5 new ones I noticed some yellow gunk ( probs canker ) on the under side of the top beak on one of them, I checked the other 4 & couldn't see any under their beak or in their throats. What should I do, iv isolated the one with the gunk, how long does it take for the tabs to start working & should I keep the other 4 seperate or can I put them in the YB loft. Any help or advice would be great, cheers

Al

never easy to make a diagnosis on the net Al . but from what youve told us ,isolate the 1 , keep the other 4 away from your own , if mine ,i would treat for canker (in the water for 5 days minimum ) after treatment give multi-vitamins also in the water . and the very best of luck.

never easy to make a diagnosis on the net Al . but from what youve told us ,isolate the 1 , keep the other 4 away from your own , if mine ,i would treat for canker (in the water for 5 days minimum ) after treatment give multi-vitamins also in the water . and the very best of luck.

Cheers Andy, the tab is for canker, but should I still give the treatment in the water, would it do them any harm ? Also what's a good multi vit to use?

Cheers Andy, the tab is for canker, but should I still give the treatment in the water, would it do them any harm ? Also what's a good multi vit to use?

personally i would ,treat again yes , despite the fact the tablet may do its job.this may be a bit "belt and braces" ,but better safe than sorry .i use "Natural" multi-vitamin ,but there are plenty on the market .

personally i would ,treat again yes , despite the fact the tablet may do its job.this may be a bit "belt and braces" ,but better safe than sorry .i use "Natural" multi-vitamin ,but there are plenty on the market .

agree with you andy but would look on the tab box

and like you say treat for cankr but with a different drug

thats another good tip for a novice Davey , "to switch brands " of a canker treatment ,a diffrent brand each time seems to work much better ,and be more effective .i always pin the sachet up in the loft as a reminder of the last 1 i used .

Yeah I'd try a different brand also. I naver do a Tab form (only my preference) and always in water. 5-7 days followed by 3 days multi vits and then i usually do clear water followed up with honey and garlic. As I say OMP but my birds are usually spic n span

thats another good tip for a novice Davey , "to switch brands " of a canker treatment ,a diffrent brand each time seems to work much better ,and be more effective .i always pin the sachet up in the loft as a reminder of the last 1 i used .

Cheers lads. I have Ronidazole 10% so ill have a read of the tabs instructions & see if I can mix meds, & start giving the new birds that.

smart move andy