Darkness

Guest snowy2011

Guest snowy2011

What it is isI know someone that has bred early but used lights through breeding but since weaning they have been on natural day light hours some of them have all ready started to do a body moult and today one youngster has cast a flight in each wing is this normal.

They are 7 weeks old.

They should be on natural darkness so shouldn't, However it depends on the year in my opinion this year has been quiet light especially in the mornings. But darkness youngsters do not need to be early bred infact early bred in my opinion is a hinderance.

hi m8. how late can you put ybs on darkness, ive never tryed the darkness,.

atb stan.

What it is isI know someone that has bred early but used lights through breeding but since weaning they have been on natural day light hours some of them have all ready started to do a body moult and today one youngster has cast a flight in each wing is this normal.They are 7 weeks old.

They will moult if the lights were left on all through rearing.

hi m8. how late can you put ybs on darkness, ive never tryed the darkness,. atb stan.

Stan in my opinion the shortest they can be on the darkness is 8 weeks.

When you breed early ybs for the darkness does anyone have any problems with them moulting befor the 21 of march body and flights?

we a;ways paired up stock early dec. they body moulted like darkness yb's but will throw there flights if the shutters are'nt used

you always get the odd one that will throw flights evey year irrespctive

Al through rearing your friend had them on the light the birds believed it was summer or springs, the point of darkness is to manipulate the birds body clock, with darkness they are lead to believe it is winter. In my opinion the lights should have been turned off after the eggs are laid. If the lights were on in your friends racing section the race birds will moult earlier also

• 1 month later...