Central Combine Sartilly 9.7.88

1 £288 J.Thompson & son bo'ness Vel 1403 ''Deanfield Oh So Sharp''SU86CA5068 Cheq Hen 1st s.c.c 510 Miles

2 £166 R.Cormack Winchburgh........ 1388

3 £265 W.Frew Condorrat............ 1364

4 £61 J.Turnbull Broxburn.......... 1362

5 £34 T.Arthur Winchburgh.......... 1357

6 £137 T.C.Ogilvie Stirling........ 1351

7 £13 W.Stwvenson Lauriston........ 1350

8 £708 A.Johnston Stenhousemuir.... 1345.95

9 £261 Bain & Mc Gregor Condorrat.. 1345.92

10 £44 Mr & Mrs.J.Gauld Bathgate... 1344

Excellant

Some top men there again.Its sad to see the SCC channel race is no more-for many years it had more support from the fanciers in central Scotland than the SNFC Rennes race,the birdage isn't there any more :(

I'll never forget the first time I seen a pigeon come from France.It was from the SCC Lille race in 2002,I was twelve at the time and helping my father with the doos.Can't remember exact lib time,but think it was around 0700.We timed at 1738,I was jumping around like a nutter :lol: .We finished 1st Fed,2nd SCC that day and it was Robert Cormack that won the combine timing at 1722-he called the pigeon 'Lyrona Dainty'. I met Robert for the first time at the SCC presentation that same season-hes always given me great encouragement and in my eyes is one of the best there has been.

I only found out from Robert last week that Tom Arthur passed away before Christmas.Sad news.Tom came across as one of the old gents of the sport and had a terrfic record from the French races.

Excellant

Some top men there again.Its sad to see the SCC channel race is no more-for many years it had more support from the fanciers in central Scotland than the SNFC Rennes race,the birdage isn't there any more :(

I'll never forget the first time I seen a pigeon come from France.It was from the SCC Lille race in 2002,I was twelve at the time and helping my father with the doos.Can't remember exact lib time,but think it was around 0700.We timed at 1738,I was jumping around like a nutter :lol: .We finished 1st Fed,2nd SCC that day and it was Robert Cormack that won the combine timing at 1722-he called the pigeon 'Lyrona Dainty'. I met Robert for the first time at the SCC presentation that same season-hes always given me great encouragement and in my eyes is one of the best there has been.

I only found out from Robert last week that Tom Arthur passed away before Christmas.Sad news.Tom came across as one of the old gents of the sport and had a terrfic record from the French races.

good post Lewis,sorry to hear about Tommys passing :( ,he was a wee gentleman and always enjoyed a chat with him over the years. :( :(