patterdale terriers

the wee red hens

well i wouldnt want one near a toddler not because the dog would attack the toddler quite the opposite it would be very boysterous and jump and scratch not on purpose , its just there temperment as for any good with pigeons some are some arent

Guest strapper
any info on these wee dogs as a pet  :)

great dogs but brain dead when fighting or hunting, will go till they drop!....any dog can be dangerous around young kids ,

very tough dogs.......id have one any day....i got two jack russells.

would you think a whippet might be better around toddlers and the birds???

I can without hesitation recommend a border terrier.  We had one with our kids, from when they were born, and she was absolutely brilliant, and showed no jealousy whatsoever.  The kids would pull her and play with her all day, with never a growl.  Got to know lots of other border owners and they all said the same.  Borders are a little wilfull at times, but if you told her off she would sulk for an hour or so, then back to normal.  Ours was good with the birds also.  Brilliant dogs!

borders cast alot though#

Yes they need stripped of their undercoats twice a year, I have two a long time ago, great dogs but like any other terriers can be good and bad. Mine were great with people and could walk them off the lead though sheep but if they seen another dog or cat they were oblivious to anything you said :-/

patterdales...lurchers...staffies ...ive had dogs all my life...get a patterdale...carnt beat um...bring it up with your kids from a pup...let them handle it all the time...you make the dog nasty or silly stupid...its all up to you how you treat it from a pup....hope this helps...ps dont buy a adult dog of any kind...it might not of seen kids from a pup....bewere.... ;) ;) ;) ;)