Guest Leroyhutz

Guest Leroyhutz

Hi I'm Liam from Kent, I'm fairly new to the sport. My grandad kept pigeons but sadly passed away in September so I'm looking to continue with them. Trying to sort membership details out is proving hard work though.

Welcome To Pigeon Basics Liam , we hope you enjoy our site , well done on your first post we hope to see many more , sorry to hear your granddad has passed away , who was he some of the site members may have known him ???

Guest Leroyhutz

Well I don't have much idea where to start with the paperwork. I phoned the rpra and they told me to phone the regional secretary, I did this and he directed me to the rpra, so effectively I've got nowhere. I wanted to know if I could continue under my granddad's name (my name was never included). If not what is the process for applying for membership, and then would I have to transfer all the birds across etc!

Well I don't have much idea where to start with the paperwork. I phoned the rpra and they told me to phone the regional secretary, I did this and he directed me to the rpra, so effectively I've got nowhere. I wanted to know if I could continue under my granddad's name (my name was never included). If not what is the process for applying for membership, and then would I have to transfer all the birds across etc!

See if you can find a old Transfer this will have your granddads loft number on it , then get intouch with R.P.R.A and get a formation of partnership paper then fill it out put deceased next to your grand fathers name when you get the partnership name back all birds rings will be on a print out job done :) If you get stuck , get a bird and send Gill purser ring number Stating you don't want to report it just get the loft number any problems and I'll help you out good luck mate :)

Could cause more problems as he would have to pay a subscription for his late Grandfather or apply to the region to be excempt from paying.

Re subscriptions, not a real problem Tony. I sit on the region, its just a matter of putting a letter in.

Guest Leroyhutz

Ok just filling out the forms but wanted to double check.

I should fill in part a regarding a new partnership and put deceased by gdads name? Then move onto part d regarding the agreement, the form wants the percentage share on dissolution, should I put 100-0 in my favour? Then the last part is signatures... What do I do here regarding gdads?

Sorry to be a pain just want to get everything correct first up,

Thanks

yes as you said 100% goes to you , write an accompanying letter stating you wish to take over the ownership of all birds and keep your deceased grandfather as a partner , better to ask :) the only silly question is an unasked one ;)