Poxy Cat

The Navigator

In the past, Iv'e always sorted it. Be it through kipper bait in a a spring trap or whatever. But come now and then, some are very unCATchy. I am waiting for my Sylvester to pop off before I do. One cunning feline to say the least! At Least 8 years old, but doesn't miss a take.

The best way of dealing with cats, dogs, foxes and anything else on legs is an electric fence. I used to have serious problems with cats and foxes. One day, after I had lost my temper with the cat owners, and risked being in trouble with the police, my wife suggested that I find a better way of dealing with the situation. This led to me trying out an electric fencer. One that was designed for farm livestock.

It was was a success straight away. Probably the best thing about it was the fact that no-one knew it was there. The cats carried on doing cat things but not on my place. The owners of the cats had no idea that their little darlings had had a shock that stayed in their memories. Later, the next door property changed hands and the new owners had a couple of Jack Russell Terriers. You know, the sort that does nothing the Owners tell them. They heard me doing something in my garden and off they went barking and yapping and straight through the fence to have a go at me. Their yapping changed from a challenging, aggressive tone to a painful scream. Later, much later, the Lady Owner remarked that their dogs were ever so good because they never made any attempt to go through the fence. Of course, I agreed. About the same time a fox was coming arround at night and had grabbed a couple of strays that were hanging about. The fence put a stop to that as well.

I have a very very simple but good trap Steve, it has never failed and infact at Jim Smiths down the road it caught a Yorkshire terrier.

If you want a few pics tomorrow can send them to you.

Our new place seems to have at least three cats next door so the plan at the minute is to make a compound with the lofts in and buy a Jack Russell.

Guest Freebird

As the man says, an electric fence. It's legal, doesn't hurt/kill the intruder and it works 100% on everything that has feet on the ground, even humans(evil)kill the cat and another will come along but if they get a kick from the fence once, you'll never see them again, Guaranteed.

i've just spent the evening responding to security systems going off due to a LURKING PUSSY... there has been more flashing lights with the little bugger than if a football crowd had been near the loft

best bit is, it jumps onto a neighbours property and stares back as though to say you cant get me, it even watches my car and if i drive away it goes straight to the loft.... habits can be dangerous.

kev

Guest Freebird

I repeat never fall out  with a cat it is obvious to "me" you have never "sorted" a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can it be obvious to you ( that's "me" ) if "you" don't know me ( that's me not you ) that I've ( that's me ) never sorted a problem. I'm ( that's me ) a maintenance engineer and believe me ( that's me not you ) I've ( not "me" ) sorted many problems for both me ( that's not you, bye the way ) and others. I take it you kill them then or have I got to ask again ???

Guest chrisss

How can it be obvious to you ( that's "me" ) if "you don't know me ( that's me not you ) that I've ( that's me ) never sorted a problem. I'm ( that's me ) a maintenance engineer and beleive me ( that's me not you ) I've ( not "me" ) sorted many problems for both me ( that's not you, bye the way ) and others. I take it you kill them then or have I got to ask again ???

clever this ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D