Treating Youngsters?

Guest geordiejen

Why would you want to treat them? I think it is better to leave them alone to build up imunity. In due course you should have the droppings and the crop swabs done and only treat them if they have a parasite burden. The only exception to that is that you should treat them for worms and external parasites every 3/4 weeks with moxidectine. Giving pigeons strong drugs usually results in yeast problems which will take some shifting and ruin the birds for racing.

Why would you want to treat them? I think it is better to leave them alone to build up imunity. In due course you should have the droppings and the crop swabs done and only treat them if they have a parasite burden. The only exception to that is that you should treat them for worms and external parasites every 3/4 weeks with moxidectine. Giving pigeons strong drugs usually results in yeast problems which will take some shifting and ruin the birds for racing.

and moxidectin not a strong antibiotic

Guest geordiejen

the reason i give my young a canker tab is so it doesnt get too much canker and it gives the bird more time to build up its immunity.

If Spatrix were made to be halfed they would make them half the size, thats why there are so many problems with drugs not doing the job they are made for now because people give the wrong dose. Half a tablet will do half a job, thats why the are made single dose size.

If Spatrix were made to be halfed they would make them half the size, thats why there are so many problems with drugs not doing the job they are made for now because people give the wrong dose. Half a tablet will do half a job, thats why the are made single dose size.

henrik its young birds not old birds a give quarter flagyl 500ml gram to young birds

hi guys was just wondering when do you give the youngsters a half spartrex tab?

if you are parting a few over [first ones] i treat in the water but keep a close eye on all your young as some may get side effects----scarey when it happens but just stop treatment and syringe clean water down throat.any more birds introduced give them half a tablet and basket them overnight -put them in the next day.i treat with doxy at 11weeks for 3 days ----mine do 1hour no probs and are 12weeks old---sun on their backs helps.

many roads to rome .