New Hawk Attack Page

preston powerblast

Hi all, I just thought I'd let you know that I have now made a new Hawk Attack Page, this isn't just a page with a map. It's a page that is going to contain hawk attack information with pictures of injured and killed birds. I would appreciate your help setting it up, by sending me your Hawk Attack reports and pictures if possible. Just email me your photos and I will put them on.

Maybe this will have more impact.

Give me your thoughts guys.

http://saveourracingpigeons.yolasite.com/hawk-attacks-2012.php

JUST LOOKED AT YOUR NEW WEB SITE VERY SICKENING AND UNBELIEVABLE I REALLY THINK THE SPARROWHAWK IS THE MAIN PROBLEM ,I HOPE THIS SITE HAS MORE IMPACT ALTHOUGH I SEE IN THE BHW THIS WEEK THE RPRA ARE ON THE BALL AT LAST,GOOD LUCK MATE ANYWAY.

Sparrs are devastating at home but last year i had 25 birds tailed and winged way percy from racing and training , had 5 in the same race whacked and turned up next day etc secondaries out half the tail gone somwith tallon holes as well , showed some of the last on this forum them they couldny beleive as many can get whacked , a lot of them were my best birds aswell :cry-blow::cry-blow:

It happens mate and I have seen it on more than one occasion, where they hunt in pairs one down below and one up above.They keep pounding the so that they split up if the manage to split the flock, then this is where the trouble starts as they are so transfixed on the one that keeps coming at them from below, they fail to see the fatal strike from the one above.

I've watched it mate and your powerless to act.

Guest Tooshy Boy

I can't find it mate, I've just put in a download request, but it may take some time as ive got to download a tewnty page file.

But I can't find it on my previous download.

JUST FORGET IT MATE...///

Without scientific evidence of Sparrowhawk predation we would be wasting our time and effort as the very first argument put up by the RSPB et-al would be that subject. Photographic evidence should suffice those we would have to persuade to lift over protection and to that end we should congratulate Garry aka Preston Powerblast.

We have to bear in mind that the last raptor study was taken over 10 years by the British Trust for Ornithology and 3 University Rectors sitting in defence of them being few and far between and requiring extra protection.

Well lads here's my view on the subject, I've done a 25yr. unintentional experiment on predation, I moved here in 1986 with 40 race birds, once broken they have been on open loft, Brechfa Forest starts a few hundred yards from me it's 6,500 hectares, about 2.4 acres to a hectare, hawk heaven, The open loft mob are still around 50 and I collect eggs all the time. 2010 I bought in new stock, new loft and the youngsters flown as normal race birds, losses on the old mob are low but losses on the birds flown as normal are horrendous in comparison, I certainly would never shut my birds up for several months, they would be so unfit, lambs to the slaughter comes to mind

It all falls on deaf ears.

I'm going to be like everyone else from now on and be selfish and care about myself and my own birds.

Cheers guys, some people just cannot believe the man hours I have put into get this action going.

I think the majority of fanciers just like to *expletive removed* and moan about everything.

Do you know what is the saddest fact, the people who the fancy are busy slagging off, these being The Raptor Groups, have been offering more constructive advice than the fanciers themselves. How about that.

We have jumped a huge hurdle here, as some have looked at the very little evidence that I have managed to collect and have said, there could possibly be a problem here and they have given me some pointers how to proceed.

Some have said show us some evidence and we will listen.

Others have even offered to dedicate their own time to help us research this problem.

Mark Avery is going to to do something again this week that will maybe help kick the debate off again.

Lets see how it goes.

If everybody showed the same enthusiasm as the minority, we would certainly get some kind of result.

Thanks for your support guys, I am still going to honour the meetings that I have set up. But I aint going to be pushing the action any more the way I have been.

I will continue updating the website and the petition, but everything will have to now fit in around my family and my birds.

Thanks for your support guys.

Lets see what happens.

the more you run down other fanciers the less they will be interested, just because youre passionate about it dosent mean everybody has to be ,go with the people thats for you and let others go along as they please without intimidation, cheers

I'm not attacking this site mate I am just making an observation and speaking my mind.

I think this is a very good one and am not mentioning anything about other sites.

I have been a member on here since 2005.

I just feel that sometimes that there is just some negativity about it.

I appreciate any support given, but at the end of the day this action is for the fanciers, not me personally.

But if every fancier in the country, worked as hard as I do, then by now maybe we would have achieved much.

But at the moment my head is spinning with much confusion.

The RPRA say they support this action, yet we get no support publicly.

I ask if I have done anything wrong, I'm told keep up the good work.

Over seven hundred fanciers agree we want action the other 43,300 are undecided.

Maybe many are right and sport is doomed and maybe we should all get our fishing rods out.

Action scrapped, 1200 signatures is just nowhere near enough, so am going to leave it to the unions.

Thanks to all who supported it, but maybe it was not the sort of action the fanciers were looking.

Even so it was a brave effort.

Thanks for doing your best and understand fully why you are scrapping this,you should be proud of yourself,well done wont hold my breath waiting to see what happens now.

Cheers mate, I suppose in a way it was own fault for thinking that there was just a slight chance it could of worked.

But when you start to get flack from the people that you think you are supporting as well as the anti pigeon brigade it does starts to get a bit much.

Thanks to all the guys who supported it.

Guest TAMMY_1

Hi all, I just thought I'd let you know that I have now made a new Hawk Attack Page, this isn't just a page with a map. It's a page that is going to contain hawk attack information with pictures of injured and killed birds. I would appreciate your help setting it up, by sending me your Hawk Attack reports and pictures if possible. Just email me your photos and I will put them on.

[/quot

tTry to click on the link and get a thing called yola?

[/quot

tTry to click on the link and get a thing called yola?

Ino longer wish to be a member of pb,could you arrange this for me as i dont know how its done many thanks.

Action scrapped, 1200 signatures is just nowhere near enough, so am going to leave it to the unions.

Thanks to all who supported it, but maybe it was not the sort of action the fanciers were looking.

Even so it was a brave effort.

1200 signatures how many of them are online signatures? did you go out chapping doors? you are letting 1200 people down who signed the petition what happened to all the plans you had on your site?

I am just one person and could not do everything. But I'm afraid the action was doomed from the start. No not all signatures were online. I went out and about.

I have let nobody down, the fancy has let the fancy down, moaning and bitching.

The time I put into it was immense and with support I would have took it as far as it could have gone.

But as they say the unions are taking action, so lets just leave it to them. I least I got off my *expletive removed* and tried to do something about it.

I am just one person and could not do everything. But I'm afraid the action was doomed from the start. No not all signatures were online. I went out and about.

I have let nobody down, the fancy has let the fancy down, moaning and bitching.

The time I put into it was immense and with support I would have took it as far as it could have gone.

But as they say the unions are taking action, so lets just leave it to them. I least I got off my *expletive removed* and tried to do something about it.

Well done m8,your right the unions have to deal with this plague...