Roundabout Feeding

AR

Now that most people who fly roundabout will have birds split and it's bout 2 1/2 weeks to first race how do you go about feeding them. E.g would still have them on say Gerry plus for early part of week and then on widowhood mix or just keep on Gerry plus to the Wednesday before first race?

Now that most people who fly roundabout will have birds split and it's bout 2 1/2 weeks to first race how do you go about feeding them. E.g would still have them on say Gerry plus for early part of week and then on widowhood mix or just keep on Gerry plus to the Wednesday before first race?

Presuming the birds will need training they will need to be fed according to the amount of work they're doing.

Presuming the birds will need training they will need to be fed according to the amount of work they're doing.

I've been told from a guy thats rather good at it.That thats where most folk go wrong.

When they are feeding light at the start of the week they train too hard.Hes of the opinion that everything should increase as the week goes on-food and excercise.

can see his point <_<

Guest KING BILLY

imo! it doesn't matter what feed you use, if your doos take to roundabout and are Motivated by it they will win regardless.

I know some/most will DISAGREE with me, but it is my opinion none the less. Whatever you do i hope you have a good season

you try feeding tic beens and as much as they whant and it dosent mater what sistem your on youl be last every week till you get to the 250 mark

Guest big slim

Our roundabouts win a lot in fed and not too bad in national. Still learning all the time but like to feed light at start of week [Gerry plus ] then build up from wednesday with a couple of widowhood mixes. As the races get longer we build up earlier in the week.

Our roundabouts win a lot in fed and not too bad in national. Still learning all the time but like to feed light at start of week [Gerry plus ] then build up from wednesday with a couple of widowhood mixes. As the races get longer we build up earlier in the week.

Yes you had one of our young birds in last yearand when I collected I had a wee natter wi your dad about the feeding. He also showed me big slim you'll be hoping for a few more like him

Guest redlad24

ive heard folk feeding gerry plus til thurs then widowhood, im going to try wed have two tosses with the cocks, im going to start the hens a bit later as i have 32 cocks and 17 hens :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking:

Just to explain a little on the above,while my hens raced twice a week they were fed 1/3 sup/diet 1/3 wid/mix 1/3 yb/mix to replace muscle tissue.If only racing once a week and no training,they had light food from the sunday until later in the week,then fed a good wid.mix.On return sat. they were fed diet/wid/yb.