PICYS OF MY NEW BOXES

Guest XANADU LOFTS

Guest SPORTKA

Put some new boxes in one of the sections yesterday, and put the cocks in them today (was like world war 3 for the first half hour) they seem to have sorted them selves out now, my mate who made them says that this design goes back many many years, and he swears by them. also a few picys of some of my team.

First try at putting picys on so hope it works and their the right size !

Guest SPORTKA

Thanks for your kind comments ! , the  stuff at the back is what the loft panels are lined with from new, I think its to keep the damp out, and as you say its easy to just wipe clean. looking forward to pairing up time now as it will be nice to breed some young uns of my own.

Guest SPORTKA

Spot on its an ellis loft, got to say I am really pleased with the quality of it hes a proper craftsman, it was a bit more expensive than some of the others but well worth it I think.

looking good ,some advice ,let 1 bird in each box on a different layer out for a couple of hours a day so they get used to where they have chosen ,lock the others in there chosen box keep this up untill they have got used to where they should be ,you might think they will sort their selves out but you always get the odd one that wants 2 boxes .also feed and water them in the boxes untill every bird know where they should be ,ATB les.

I WAS TOLD TO NEVER LINE THE LOFT WALLS, ITS MEANT TO ENCOURAGE RATS/MICE ;)

i always line my lofts , never had mice or rat problems and if linned then entry points would be more visable ;)