T2 clock ?

FLAPPER 123

the T2 is a perfectly good clock it is a quartz clock the T3 is the updated versionof it , the T2 uses the same printer as the T3 the major difference is that it is set as a running clock and does not zero in to the nearest minute like the T3 does my T2 keeps better time than my T3

any questions put them on and i will be happy to try and answer them i have been setting clocks as long as i have had pigeons

In fact the T2 is a very good alternative for a T3. In Blackpool I normally sell

T3's for 80-100 pounds and they sell very good. At the same time I sell T2's for

30-40 pounds (with a new battery!) and they don't sell at all.

And the battery lasts longer in a T2. Where a T3 is dead after 6-10 years I have

had T2's with a 17 years old battery still running!

Greetings from Holland!

In fact the T2 is a very good alternative for a T3. In Blackpool I normally sell

T3's for 80-100 pounds and they sell very good. At the same time I sell T2's for

30-40 pounds (with a new battery!) and they don't sell at all.

And the battery lasts longer in a T2. Where a T3 is dead after 6-10 years I have

had T2's with a 17 years old battery still running!

Greetings from Holland!

I've heard there is a way of printing out a report on the T2's & T'3s that tells you how much battery life is left in them. Is this true?

tony i think a warning starts flashing on the face ov the clock then you have 12 months to get

new battery

stan

Yes Stan you get a flagged display which will shows up on the clock for one year but will then disappear. It would be handy to know if this has happened if your planning on buying a 2nd hand clock.

I've heard there is a way of printing out a report on the T2's & T'3s that tells you how much battery life is left in them. Is this true?

Nothing about it in the t3 manual, I know you can forward the date and check when the service is due.

Nothing about it in the t3 manual, I know you can forward the date and check when the service is due.

I was told if you print out all the stored races/data held it would be on this printout somewhere. Haven't a printer so unable to do it myself. :(

I was told if you print out all the stored races/data held it would be on this printout somewhere. Haven't a printer so unable to do it myself. :(

it does say in the manual on the print out batt + serv, but it could be the year

plus its got volgnr "02"???

Linnell are good over the phone ,when I bought my T3 (used) I phoned them to check on how old it was and if it had been in for any faults,gave me all the info  there and then.Always best to check with a second hand clock.

http://www.linell.co.uk/

Lindsay

Thanks Lindsay. Did they tell you how old the battery was in the clock.

Hi Tony,when I gave them the number of the clock they told me the date it was manufactured the date it was sold and when it would require a service,which I presume, new battery /clean etc.

Lindsay.

That helps. Thanks :)

Yes Stan you get a flagged display which will shows up on the clock for one year but will then disappear. It would be handy to know if this has happened if your planning on buying a 2nd hand clock.

It is like this: The T2 has nothing. At the end of the lifetime of the battery the clock is dead, so if

you want to be sure you have a good working clock, change the battery after 10 years.

The T3 is a different story. When a clock receives a new battery the clock will be reprogrammed and the

end of life of the battery is programmed. Junior normally sets this at 8 years for the normal battery and

10 years for the super lithium battery. You can check for yourself, take your clock and set the date. When

you change the years you will see that the batterysymbol is flashing 8 years from your last batterychange.

To be honoust, it is useless message. This system is only good for selling new batteries because people get nervous

when they see the symbol is flashing. I have also seen T3's which were heavily used where the battery was

gone after 6 years so they never saw the flashing.

The only batterycheck which is reliable is the Benzing CC. It measures the voltage of the batteries and when

it comes under a certain value it will start flashing.