Giving Up

JAS

Sorry to hear you are seriously considering leaving the sport. Good fanciers are difficult to come by, and the pigeon fraternity cannot afford to lose fanciers of your calibre. I totally understand your feelings & frustrations with the BOPs, so rather than severe your links altogether, maybe consider a shift in interest, and have a go at the showracers. This would keep you actively involved with pigeons, would maintain your friendships, and would also lead to future new friendships. Racing lofts are easy to refurbish to house showracers, and with aviaries attached, the BOP problem simply vanishes !!

Hi after a couple of weeks of HAWK attacks at the loft and training we are finished with the pigeons. The weekend there was our last race. We were thinking about it for a while but when our birds got up at Otterburn on Sat our convoyer called us to say 2 hawks went for the birds a soon as they got out. This just adds to the injured bird that we are having to put down due to being burst or broken wing, broken keels. This was not easy to put on here as i have been in the pigeon game from the 70s. Just spent the afternoon calling all the fanciers that we were lucky to exchange birds or be gifted birds from some of the top pigeon men in the UK to offer them their birds back. Not been a good day as you can see.

All the best JAS.

Sorry to hear that john and of tommy you two have been settin the standards in the federation for years. I knew if ever I was in front o u guys that I had a good one. Is a pity when boys like yourselves leave the sport

All the best