How long do pigeons live?

Jim McArthur

Guest speckled

;D well ive a 13 year old cock,hes buzzing like a 2 yr old :o hes still filling his eggs, :P & loves to fly with the the other birds as he was a ex widowhood pigeon ,so the routine is what he likes even thought hes in thew stock loft.he goes mad when the widow pigeon go out for ther daily fly during racing  :oso what i do with him is let him out for the last ten mins when i now thats what he can handle  :-/then that soon makes then trap to the loft one bird drops so does the others.is good to have a old bird at that age to be free instead of being in some small confined space.Well he looks well flys ok  no stiffness of the jionts so its a case if thay can at least have a few mins in the air it another year on the chart  ;D my thought speck but then im a "nut case" anyway hehehe :P :P ;D ;D ;D

I've handled my friends 17 year old cock and he's still full of vitality.  He evens lets him out to fly every once in awhile.  He stopped filling his eggs about 2 years ago but I wouldn't doubt if he went another couple years.  Back when I first started in birds I had another friend who had one that I believe was almost 20 and he'd fill some of his eggs.

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

my dad had a pigeon live to 24,and i had one that he gave me and it died at 18,my oldest on now is a '93 white hen who laid and reared 3 rounds in '06

Guest TAMMY_1
I read somewhere the other day that they can live to 30 years, but I haven't seen any evidence of that, though on various posts on this site, some have reported having birds aged 19 and 20 years old,

WELL LOOK AT YOU AND YOU ARE STILL GOING STRONG

OLD FAV DIED LAST WEEK SHE WAS 19 FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS SHE PAIRED TO ME

no wonder annie needs me ;), well mav you'v got a new fav now wee annie ;)

hope she breeds y/birds as good as her big sister ;)