IN-LOFT BATH

Guest Blue Pied Cock

Guest Blue Pied Cock

Do any of you have any designs for an in loft bath which the birds can go in without the water going all over the place. I think I remember seeing one in an old video that I purchased.

Many Thanks.

Guest anthony

I realy dont know how to explain this but you should have a bath with a cover high enough to let the pigeons go in without spalishing the water,like a dome on the bath with an opening

An idea....but don't know if it would work!

My birds bath in one of those large under bed storage boxes.  They come with a lid - which I just discarded but, if you cut a hole in the middle, large enough for the birds to get in and out, maybe the splashes would stay in the box??

Lol Wiley,I always laugh when I see Bruce's "Yellow submarine"

Just another point about that type of loft, you can put the bath pans out with the front closed, and the birds can bathe in pease, safe from peditor attack.

I don't know if a closed-in bath would be popular with the birds, need to be able to get out quickly if one turns stroppy on the others.

I use a conventional bath inside the loft which sits on bare concrete floor ... deep litter is brushed well away from reach of splashes from the birds, and wall behind the bath gets well splashed but is an impervious melamine finish.

Usually put down a handful of lime on the few damp spots.

Could always try an "Anti-Spill" / Sputnik bath.  

Only works effectively if the lid is used as-well though  ;D

I BOUGHT 1 LIKE THIS AT BLACKPOOL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO COST ABOUT A TENNER AND IT DOES HELP TO KEEP THE LOFT DRY A BIT!!! ;)

Guest speckled

well i prepher my birds to bath out side the loft,but if the weathewrs so servire i will put one in the coridoor, the stock birds have a avairy. so theres go in threre. :) which my avairy is on legs so its well off the floor, :-/ it sort of extended to the loft so the water falls down not in to the loft. But dont care what ya say  ya cant keep a bird from spashing if it enjoys the bath, ;D Speck

why dont you think more modern instead of a bath why not give them a shower i give mine a shower in the loft  i just put the sprinkler on the hose pipe . my loft is ten foot off  the ground and grill floor and drains below but iam sure you could make a cubicle with pump and filter i made one for my dad years ago i used bottom off plastic 45 gallon drum a piece of clear polythene stapled to inside of bath then i used three washer motors from scrap cars and car battery and three pieces of rigid wire to hold polythene up so its like a tent use windscreen washer pipe from scrap car and its colapsable . or you could use fish tank motor any way just a thought for you to consider lol