first race

Guest Paulo

also dnt get to excited, if you call your birds 'Come On', as the change of tone in your voice will put the birds on edge, try and stay calm if you call your birds, trust me you'll find it hard not to get excited, lol thats why this year found a whistle a useful tool.

Guest Paulo

things are looking promising at the moment. Had a transporter chuck with them tomorrow and it was a bad toss. Birds were expected back at 12.00 a batch of 6 came first three for me three for the bloke in front he had one in before me but he races to the corn tin his yb's are famished you can get away with that on the short distances but when it increases I'll have him lol

Then rest of mine were back and in by 12.10, was speaking to blokes in the club and they had nowt back until 12.30 and one of the top men only had 1 back a good 5 minutes after mine were back.

Just shows train hard fight easy eh wearing a set of tyres out on my van could well pay off.

Still not getting my hopes up winning as a novice with birds not on the dark will be very hard but still I've always been a lucky git

well first race this saturday any tips

If it,s a short race, take away any feed from the birds at around 1pm on day of basketting, put fresh water in the drinker and place it on the floor and throw down some conditioner seed, this should encourage them to drink before going into the basket. Also sjould ensure they are hungry when they arrive home, which should make them trap quickly. Enjoy and all the best ;)

Guest TAMMY_1

If it,s a short race, take away any feed from the birds at around 1pm on day of basketting, put fresh water in the drinker and place it on the floor and throw down some conditioner seed, this should encourage them to drink before going into the basket. Also sjould ensure they are hungry when they arrive home, which should make them trap quickly. Enjoy and all the best ;)

i am inclined to make sure they have no feeding around after 9-30, they get a good feed early on and any that is left is cleared up by  time specified, they should be well enough stocked up till they get home  again

Guest shadow

if the weather looks iffy do not put all your eggs in one basket send half and keep the others for the following week that's if your fed race the same race point 2 weeks running like ours do.

Guest Paulo

Well it went well. Didn't win nowt but got them all back and they weren't a million miles behind it was a bad day for the birds the west wind carried them over and they had to come back on themslelves.

Sent 20 and got 21 back which shows my training and feeding has paid off as a lot more experienced fanciers than me some of whom where on the dark and win a lot lost a lot of birds one bloke behind me lost 20!!!!

Did what everybody said and spilt my team so have a fresh set of birds to send to the same race point this week plus some experiencec birds whom came good on the hard race

Guest Paulo

doh meant sent 21 and got 20 back ;D ;D

Think I will struggle to win with not being on the dark howver the birds are fit so who knows took them training today and they pissed it

doh meant sent 21 and got 20 back ;D ;D

Think I will struggle to win with not being on the dark howver the birds are fit so who knows took them training today and they pissed it

Your enthusiasm will make up for any disadvantage you feel you have against darkness y/birds. Natural y/birds still win, keep bashing away and you'll get there.

Paolo, the early races are up for grabs mate! You can compete easily enough. Its when you get a bit distance on them, that your birds will be moulting and this will count against you at that point. The darky's if being managed corectly will dominate those type of races. You should get on the dark next year mate, then you'll be off the same mark as everyone else!

Guest Paulo

Your enthusiasm will make up for any disadvantage you feel you have against darkness y/birds. Natural y/birds still win, keep bashing away and you'll get there.

Well they are fit enough so I hope say some of the lads at basketing where saying what goo d nick they are in.

Had waterly droppings after the race but two days of strike have sorted that.

Hopefully the wind will be kinder this weekend

Guest Paulo
Paolo, the early races are up for grabs mate! You can compete easily enough. Its when you get a bit distance on them, that your birds will be moulting and this will count against you at that point. The darky's if being managed corectly will dominate those type of races. You should get on the dark next year mate, then you'll be off the same mark as everyone else!

Saw the bloke I got my yb's off and he just smiled and said not to worry son your doing well and yearlings aren't on darkness. Going to get some videos and stuff on darkness and research it for next year