Neighbours

wings

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale
if our bird did poop in flight it would be a disaster, 30-40 birds flying in a batch pooping, i certainly have never seen them do so in flight, not saying that the odd one wont if it is got soft dropping problems, just look how long they go without doing so when sitting, i think if they did while flying we would have great problems letting them fly in batches just think about it,

do they all poop at the same time like I think not so they can do it in flight I have seen it for myself

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi iv had lots of problems with my neighbors iv been here 5 years but before i started racing and flying them out i got in touch with locale fed sectary for a council permission form when i had filled it in And took it to them they  never seen one  but that was the best thing iv  done because if I hadn't that would have been me finished because while i were  cutting the old dears grass for her and doing other bits and bobs she was complaining to the council  and for a year after that constant visits from them but each time i was as nice as pie and in the end they stopped because all the paper work was in place                                                     hope i didnt go on to much                 yours in sport bob

yes i do get on with the other side they seem to be ok not bussom buddies with them though as i try to keep myself to myself .

but were do i stand if she complain to the council?

A council person can't turn up an view your loft, let alone enter it.... only if you permit this to be so.

Also they must give you in writing the name(s) of the complaintant and their complaints.

As long as it is over 8 feet high and 12 feet long it is legal.

Mind there may be some by - laws ... but in any case these can't superceed the Goverments rulings.

Hi everyone just wonder is anybody could give me some advice as to were i stand.

As i have said in previous Threads i have only been keeping pigeons for around 2 years,

I have heard on the grape vine now that the neighbours are not happy with the birds they have not been out since early september, and the woman next door has commented to another neighbour that birds have been messing her washing, this cannot be my birds. does anybody know how i legally stand if she was to complain, I really don't want to have to get rid of them as they are the best thing i have ever done.

has anybody been in the same situation and still got there birds.

Wings if its of any benefit i had this for 19 years, especially from the "sweet" old lady from next door. A lot will depend on wether its a council house and how far from the house (yours and theirs) your loft is. Also if it is a council house you need to seek the councils permission to erect a loft.

Strictly speaking if it is within the council guidelines and acceptable there is little than can do, apart from make your life hell! I had enviromental heaith inspectors around and welcomed them in, (never abuse them as they can be very useful) and would show them the setup. I used to say would i really keep £1000's of pigeons in squalor, and they were very good to me.

She also tried the legal route, but again very very hard to get a case if the council are happy and if there is little evidence to the birds being a nuisance.

Problem is some fanciers are there own worse enemy, keeping too many birdsnot cleaning out their lofts, leaving droppings in bags around the garden and letting their birds out all day. You have to exercise a little bit of common sense.

Just make sure you go by the book, otherwise it could come back to haunt you.

Also in later years i used to get some of the neighbours kids around (along with mine) and do things like when i was racing they would all pick a bird then see who won the "mini" race, they used to love it and you'll be amazed how their parents changed!

Good luck.

A council person can't turn up an view your loft, let alone enter it.... only if you permit this to be so.

Also they must give you in writing the name(s) of the complaintant and their complaints.

Mind there may be some by - laws ... but in any case these can't superceed the Goverments rulings.

that is not strictly true the enviromental health officer can turn up to look at your property

the loft must be no more than 4 mts high and at least 5 meters from the house and 2 meters from any boundary some council's also stipulate the max no of birds you can keep eg 35

I think things could be different depending on which council you were dealing with.

Here, Falkirk Council seem quite pro-pigeon, they specifically mention them in their planning permission guidance and A-Z includes 'planning permission, pigeon lofts':-

http://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/development/development_management/planning_permission/householder_development/garages_pigeon_loft.aspx

yes i do get on with the other side they seem to be ok not bussom buddies with them though as i try to keep myself to myself .

but were do i stand if she complain to the council?

tell them if they close the loft down ,you will rent it out to a family of somalians,you could get steady income whilst helping the council out , ;D ;D

and im sure they will be many takers  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry but that is not the case, an anonymous phone call is all that is needed for the council to investigate, no name, no number given. believe me we have had more than our fair share of it :(

Sorry but that is not the case, an anonymous phone call is all that is needed for the council to investigate, no name, no number given. believe me we have had more than our fair share of it :(

thats right, they can come and they dont need to give u a name, i thin k anyone can phone them without giving a name.

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS
Hi everyone just wonder is anybody could give me some advice as to were i stand.

As i have said in previous Threads i have only been keeping pigeons for around 2 years,

I have heard on the grape vine now that the neighbours are not happy with the birds they have not been out since early september, and the woman next door has commented to another neighbour that birds have been messing her washing, this cannot be my birds. does anybody know how i legally stand if she was to complain, I really don't want to have to get rid of them as they are the best thing i have ever done.

they cant prove it!

has anybody been in the same situation and still got there birds.